Travel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
First keep up the hard work and don't ever give up.

second, depending on your area, there are probably still 14utravel teams that play b/C level tourneys versus the highest level. Look around, you might find a great group of young ladies to play with.

Third - HIGH SCHOOL - This is very dependent on your school. In my local HS conference, there are teams that looked like they auditioned for the bad new bears....and lost. And there are HS programs with 45+ girls that ALL play travel at high levels for many years. obviously, chances of making one squad versus the other vary tremendously.

Bottom line - work hard, max effort all the time. listen to coaches and improve every day.

Good luck.
I don’t have a person that will do lessons at the moment so it’s just me. I will try my hardest tho!!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD played rec. Her coaches did not care. DD had to overcome some opslitcals other players did not but she got thru them to make the Team.

Good luck.

PDM

Jun 18, 2019
NJ
Hi, my names Mia and i’ve played city league my whole life. Ive regretted not playing travel for a LONG time and now it’s too late. I’m trying out for freshman softball and just need reassuring that i don’t need travel to make the team cause I don’t know if i can make it. All the girls trying out have played travel.
Hi Mia. This is an easy question to answer. No, you do not need travel ball to make your school team. Playing travel ball does not make a player better. Working hard in practice makes a player better, whether you are practicing with a team or on your own. In fact, most of the best work you do will be on your own. Try out, do your best, and see how it goes. If you are good enough, you will make the team. If you aren't good enough, ask the coach what you need to work on to get better, and how to do that work. The world is full of people who didn't think they were good enough, worked hard, and eventually exceeded their expectations.

Nov 15, 2019
Hi, my names Mia and i’ve played city league my whole life. Ive regretted not playing travel for a LONG time and now it’s too late. I’m trying out for freshman softball and just need reassuring that i don’t need travel to make the team cause I don’t know if i can make it. All the girls trying out have played travel.

Hi Mia, how did high school tryouts go?

Nov 15, 2019
Hi! i’m not sure if we’ve exactly had real tryouts yet but as of now i’m still practicing with them and believe i’m on or will make the team. I’ve also made travel and my mom is assisting. Thanks for asking!
That's awesome! I'm glad everything's working out!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06