Travel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
i’m signed up for hs and i was gonna try out for travel freshman year and start hs ball sophomore year but one year might not be worth it if i make the hs team. If i don’t make the freshman team i would like to do travel but i bet the tryouts for that travel team will already be over and my mom doesn’t really like the team at all. Thank you so so much for replying tho it means a lot for people to want to help me!!

Mia,

Instead of worrying about what team your going to make you should be worried about how to make your swing better. Or how to throw harder. Or how to improve your fielding mechanics. It really doesnt matter what teams you have played on.

Just my opinion. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Mia

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Mia,

Instead of worrying about what team your going to make you should be worried about how to make your swing better. Or how to throw harder. Or how to improve your fielding mechanics. It really doesnt matter what teams you have played on.

Just my opinion. Good luck to you!
i know. i also know i can achieve if i try.

Jun 20, 2015
First keep up the hard work and don't ever give up.

second, depending on your area, there are probably still 14utravel teams that play b/C level tourneys versus the highest level. Look around, you might find a great group of young ladies to play with.

Third - HIGH SCHOOL - This is very dependent on your school. In my local HS conference, there are teams that looked like they auditioned for the bad new bears....and lost. And there are HS programs with 45+ girls that ALL play travel at high levels for many years. obviously, chances of making one squad versus the other vary tremendously.

Bottom line - work hard, max effort all the time. listen to coaches and improve every day.

Good luck.

Jun 8, 2016
Control what you can control..which at the moment is how hard you work and the level of effort you give during tryouts. As someone suggested, if you cannot find somebody to work with you (and also if you can...) find a wall and a ball and work your GB technique:

I used to do this every day when I was a kid when I couldn't find anybody to hit me balls.

In terms of hitting get a tee if you don't have one get one and buy a dozen (or two) softballs (you can probably get used ones fairly cheap on ebay). You don't necessarily need a net but if you are not in a warm area and want to work in the winter you might want to get one. If you can get to a field set up the tee on the field and have at it. Also you can work on self-toss which is helpful as well:

Good luck and have fun!!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020
Hey kiddo. If you want something bad enough, go get it. Work hard, do extra, get involved with an academy or hitting coach if you can. Look into travel teams this year if you want to. Hard work pays off.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Looks like you have several years playing and have learned different positions on the field. Just because that did not come from travel ball
***it is still experience!***

Have confidence,
Bring a positive attitude,
Work hard,
Cheer for others,
&
GO FOR IT MIA! 👍

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Control what you can control..which at the moment is how hard you work and the level of effort you give during tryouts. As someone suggested, if you cannot find somebody to work with you (and also if you can...) find a wall and a ball and work your GB technique:

I used to do this every day when I was a kid when I couldn't find anybody to hit me balls.

In terms of hitting get a tee if you don't have one get one and buy a dozen (or two) softballs (you can probably get used ones fairly cheap on ebay). You don't necessarily need a net but if you are not in a warm area and want to work in the winter you might want to get one. If you can get to a field set up the tee on the field and have at it. Also you can work on self-toss which is helpful as well:

Good luck and have fun!!

thank you so much for the help!!

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Looks like you have several years playing and have learned different positions on the field. Just because that did not come from travel ball
***it is still experience!***

Have confidence,
Bring a positive attitude,
Work hard,
Cheer for others,
&
GO FOR IT MIA! 👍
Thank you sooooo much!!! I will try my hardest

Mia

Dec 21, 2020

Good luck and have fun!!

Ahh this helps a lot!!! thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie