Travel Ball is Killing Rec Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
You agree yet I’ve seen these low level teams that’s really all it takes. Effort. Down and ready understand the game and competent (not great) at throwing and catching. Sorry if I find it stupid to have to pay $800-1000 to play with kids at that level which is moderate imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everybody has agreed there are too many TB teams...not sure what else you want us to say.

Jun 8, 2016
And yes kids deserve to play competitive games at the rec level. Why would anyone not expect that? What’s the point of playing if you’re not competing trying your hardest to win? It’s a game they keep score might as well try to win.

By competitive I meant with good players..I am sure most of the kids are trying their hardest and doing the best they can.

Mar 21, 2019
Everybody has agreed there are too many TB teams...not sure what else you want us to say.

Nothing. Doesn’t matter what gets said. Not gonna change anything. I’ll be the moron with the over inflated opinion of my daughter holding her back from playing “competitive” games and that’s pretty much the end of it. Is what it is.

Jun 8, 2016
Nothing. Doesn’t matter what gets said. Not gonna change anything. I’ll be the moron with the over inflated opinion of my daughter holding her back from playing “competitive” games and that’s pretty much the end of it. Is what it is.

I agree...;) In all seriousness, if you work with your DD on your own on her skills she will likely be fine in the long run as long as she still enjoys playing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
And yes kids deserve to play competitive games at the rec level. Why would anyone not expect that? What’s the point of playing if you’re not competing trying your hardest to win? It’s a game they keep score might as well try to win.

You can get "competitive" games by having two teams that are similarly matched. That doesn't say anything about the level of play. Likewise, trying your hardest to win says nothing about your skill level.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Do what's right for your DD and your family. If that matches what other people are doing, or doesn't match, that's fine either way.

Mar 21, 2019
You can get "competitive" games by having two teams that are similarly matched. That doesn't say anything about the level of play. Likewise, trying your hardest to win says nothing about your skill level.

Exactly. Which is why I found it odd travel teams were playing in rec all star tourneys last year. Why would they have to come down to that level to compete? I mean that’s the point is the higher skill level right?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Exactly. Which is why I found it odd travel teams were playing in rec all star tourneys last year. Why would they have to come down to that level to compete? I mean that’s the point is the higher skill level right?

Why? Because some idiots put too much value in shiny plastic trophies.

Also...You can't do that in my area. USA Softball (the major governing body for rec ball) has firm rules related to travel ball teams and players.

Feb 3, 2016

I find Rec ball a perfect place for developing pitchers and catchers. Usually number 3 pitchers on teams trying to be a #2 or a #1 pitcher. Got to get the rep's in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2019
I find Rec ball a perfect place for developing pitchers and catchers. Usually number 3 pitchers on teams trying to be a #2 or a #1 pitcher. Got to get the rep's in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I will say my daughter is learning a bunch about blocking how to move behind the plate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi