Transgender law allows CA male to make girls' softball team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2010
I think ther are too many out there that cannot handle things both ways. Letting a girl play boys sports being ok but when its the other way around some parents cry foul. I have seen girls swing and hit better than most boys on baseball teams. The problem I have is that they are playing the transgender card and since tolerance is a hot topic force the issue instead of seeing if she is actually good enough. What I see is a boy not good enough to make the baseball team for no other reason than not being good enough. Thats ok, but cut her from the softball team and lawyers will be involved. I saw a 8u machine pitch team play MP baseball. It was kinda humerous hearing them say how unfair that was that they were getting beat. I mean getting run ruled. So playing against one transgender on a team really does not bother me. Having them in the same locker room does, because at the end of the day she is still a male.

Mar 13, 2010
Can people stop misgendering HER? Using the correct pronouns does not hurt you in any way, but will hurt her.

Transgender people are such a minuscule part of the population (0.02%) that the idea of a high school team fielding a Team of transgirls is just so statistically rare that it's not going to happen.

If she's good enough she should make it. If she's not she doesn't.

Feb 26, 2013
As a coach, I see kids of all sizes. The reason we all like softball if precisely because kids of all sizes, strengths (and weaknesses) can find a spot that fits their aptitude and work ethic (because we have so many skills in the game and a TEAM) .

Strength and size are two minor components that although make coaches eyes open wide, you don't need in softball to win. Our pitching machines make the boys look silly, even at repeated attempts.

It is on our agenda to figure a way we can do a fun scrimmage at the end of the year with basedball, where we use softees and our girls pitch to both teams. But I do agree a whole team of boys is intimidating, even to me.

Well said Lozza.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01