Trainining with practice balls not real softballs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
pitchers HAVE to live with the UMPIRES strikezone.... means you have to ADJUST to THEIR perception of a strike.. whether it is in the RULEBOOK strikezone or not, doesn't matter, because Blues will NOT change their calls once made... If they call outside pitches off the plate, USE that and as a batter UNDERSTAND you need to protect out there, IF they call strikes at your SHINS-protect LOW, if they are NOT calling a spot, you as a batter can take advantage of whether you choose to swing or not when the pitch is in that spot......
** you know when you get HIGH PITCH STRIKES?? When you SWING and MISS! :)

haha that makes sense. Down here the pitching is horrible from the other teams we go against. seriosly all of their pitches go into the dirt. some times we get walked 8 in a row in one inning. That's JV though but we learned that the ones that did that were the alternate for their team's Varsity pitcher. I think in GA the pitching needs to pick up. Not just saying this because she's on my team or whatever but I seriously do think we have the best high school pitcher in GA based on what happened in our state championship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06