Tournament Fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Better than nothing and I have no idea how different coaches evaluate players, but if they are anything like me evaluating my DD they would need to have a camera pointed directly at the player they were looking at the the whole time :LOL:

Well, that can be done with other video and scrimmage games rather than going to an "exposure tournament" where there will be no interaction between club coaches and college coaches. Teams pay the expenses to travel to these bigger tournaments because college coaches are there and available. No college coaches, means it is not really an exposure and in turn is technically not meeting the needs of the team.

However, I will say there might be a big opportunity for ESPN here, lol. At this point, I will watch just about anything with a ball on TV, if it is live.

Jun 8, 2016
Well, that can be done with other video and scrimmage games rather than going to an "exposure tournament" where there will be no interaction between club coaches and college coaches. Teams pay the expenses to travel to these bigger tournaments because college coaches are there and available. No college coaches, means it is not really an exposure and in turn is technically not meeting the needs of the team.
I know, my post was 95% in jest ;)

I know, my post was 95% in jest ;)

I appreciate that. Been lurking for awhile but I will eventually figure out who likes to joke and use sarcasm and who does not. BTW, I like good jesting and/or jousting.

It is looking more and more like recruiting until the fall is going to be via skills video, highlight video, and other electronic means unfortunately. Got to hate it for the uncommitted 2021/2022's.

Below is the body of the email that Connect Sports sent out concerning Scenic City (apologies for the length):

Coaches, Managers,
There is a lot of information in this email. Each topic is labeled to make it easier for you to find specifics.

In conjunction with state and local officials in Tennessee and Georgia, we are excited to proceed forward with our plans for Scenic City Summer June 3 - 7, including All Star Games on June 3rd.

Fields and Format Update
Due to a tornado several weeks ago, we lost over 20 fields that we ordinarily use for Scenic City. We will be using several complexes that you will be unfamiliar with if you’ve played with us in the past.

We will no longer have bracket play for the 2020 Scenic City event due to our reduced field availability. Thursday through Sunday will now all be showcase play.

All Games Will Be Livestreamed
All games will be live-streamed. Each field at all parks will have a camera provided by Connect Sports. This is a tremendous asset for recruiting with some college programs’ recruiting futures uncertain. All college coaches will have free access. You will receive an email later this week with all of the streaming details.

New Events for July and August

Scenic City Summer Series (Mondays-Wednesdays)
July 6-8 6 Game Guarantee

July 13-15 6 Game Guarantee

July 27-29 6 Game Guarantee

Scenic City Summer II (Thursday-Sunday)
August 6 - 9 6 Game Guarantee

New 2020 Summer Events

Safety Protocols and Guidelines
We have been working with National Governing Bodies, as well as state and local officials, to create safety protocols to safely get back to play. We will send those full details out as we get closer to the event. We will do everything we can to create a safe and healthy environment.

Online Gate Fee
In order to keep our tournament entry fees some of the lowest in the country for an event of Scenic City’s size and scale, we have always built individual gate passes into our pricing model.

In order to create a “touchless environment” for Scenic City, a $300 team gate fee has been set up to be paid online prior to the event. You or your team manager will receive an invoice this week.

To distribute this cost amongst your parents online, we have found a few options that your team could set up:
PayPal Pools
Venmo

Hotel Policy
We are in consistent communication with Traveling Teams and you have their assurance that your team will not be subject to penalties associated with hotel accommodations booked through Traveling Teams if Connect Sports is forced to adjust it’s current plans for the Scenic City Summer event. If you have any questions regarding hotel accommodations through Traveling Teams, please do not hesitate to contact them directly at 800-430-1159

Paid Entry Fee Policy
If your team has registered and paid for the 2020 Scenic City Summer event and you are now not planning to attend, your best option to get full value from your Entry Fee is to receive a 100% credit to be used in part or in full for future Connect Sports events. This 100% credit can also be passed along to another team in your club for the 2020 Scenic City Summer event or for a future Connect Sports tournament.

We appreciate your financial cooperation and understanding in this unprecedented time. The production of the Scenic City Summer event is roughly a 7 month process with significant operating costs associated throughout that time.

Feb 18, 2020
Is anyone running into any venues that are unwilling to refund the tournament fees for cancelled events?

We’ve had several tournaments canceled and every venue was good about refunding. One particular venue that was out of state for us is not willing to do a refund and wants to hold the money as a credit to be used within the next 12 months.

It’s frustrating because that particular venue is not convenient for us, the next few months are very uncertain and the roster is going to be turning over shortly.

I had a tournament at Cal Ripken fields in Pigeon Forge that would not refund the full amount. They offered to keep it for next year - which seems dirty, or refund 75% of what we have paid.

Considering just finding a new tournament in this area and not going to Cal Ripken fields anymore.

Feb 18, 2020
Is anyone running into any venues that are unwilling to refund the tournament fees for cancelled events?

We’ve had several tournaments canceled and every venue was good about refunding. One particular venue that was out of state for us is not willing to do a refund and wants to hold the money as a credit to be used within the next 12 months.

It’s frustrating because that particular venue is not convenient for us, the next few months are very uncertain and the roster is going to be turning over shortly.

I had a tournament at Cal Ripken fields in Pigeon Forge that would not refund the full amount. They offered to keep it for next year - which seems dirty, or refund 75% of what we have paid.

Considering just finding a new tournament in this area and not going to Cal Ripken fields anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi