Total Control Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
If the TCB balls tear after the year warranty. Best thing to do is take the sand out and make a couple of holes in them. These can be reused as wiffle balls . They will last a long time too

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The only sand filled TCB's that are no longer in service to me after 4 years are the two that "walked off" and the one that I hit with my mower. The other 9 are still going strong.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
The downside to the whiffle balls is they fly a lot further, limiting the areas you can use them for warm ups.
This is the big difference to me. Sand-filled balls can be used anywhere for BP, regardless of limited space where the whiffles need space to be used because they really fly.

I have about 20 balls that I have had for over 4 years- only one broke , the others were lost due to siblings walking off with them or being lost in tall grass/woods. Historically my players have not been concerned with losing these balls, even though I have them count them when they go back n the bucket.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I still have the 12 TCB sand balls that I bought 4 years ago, no issues with them at all.

I have 24 of the hole balls, which are great, but limited use since they fly so far. When I bought them, I hoped they would be useful in small areas, but it's pretty easy to hit one of those a good distance.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Sometime last year the owner of tcb posted on here that if you had a ball break, they would replace it. Have not had that issue in the 4-5 years I've owned mine.

They are not a solve all your warm up issue ball but in limited space at a tourney, they work well IMO.

Mar 9, 2015
Our team has been using both types for last two seasons, but held up very well. Had one ball leak sand and the per type had couple collapse but not crack. Powernet sells similar type of balls but don't have any experience with them.

Feb 21, 2012
I have both, the TCB sand filled balls I have had since 2010, and they are showing their age. 4 of my original dozen have now been turned into whiffles after they cracked or started to leak (just in the past year). I have a couple dozen of the whiffles. I think they warranty them for a year. I have bought more since.

What everyone says about the whiffles is true, they fly further than you have space for at many tournaments. But I still love them for practice drills.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
The whiffle ball version is a lot easier to transport. A bucket with a dozen or more sand filled TCB balls is a workout to lug around at a tournament. The downside to the whiffle balls is they fly a lot further, limiting the areas you can use them for warm ups.

PS - I am not a big fan of DD using her game bat to hit the sand filled TCBs. Not aware of anyone having issues, but why take a chance!

I'm not 100% sure TCBs were to blame, but had 3 boys on my baseball team break composite bats while hitting these (2 cracks and 1 break), and DD broke a 2Legit while hitting them. Maybe just cases where bats were already weak and TCB weight put them over the top. To be safe DD does carry her old Rocketech now to use with TCBs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA