Topspin Vs Bulletspin, Which is Faster?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
I'll explain........And you'll see it has NOTHING to do with "glove swim".........OR "crow-hopping".........

Sometime back I filmed and posted a demo on a particular mechanic involved in a particular question posed by one of our members.......

Within 1 or 2 replies to the that post Ken B posted a comment that I was displaying some "Glove Swim" in my demo.........I had a choice in how I responded to that post.........

One choice was to come at him with a self-righteous and defensive post like: "who the hell do you think you are critiquing my DEMO".......

The other was to poke fun at myself KNOWING that Ken B meant only to inject some humor into an otherwise serious thread........

WHICH PATH DO YOU THINK I TOOK???..........

The FIRST THING I DID was hit the "thank you" button acknowledging his humor and poking fun at me........And the second was to reply: "I'm more worried about the gray halo around my head then the glove swim in my demo Ken"............Referring to my graying hair.........

That my friend is one of the differences between you and me...........I can laugh at myself, and at others attempts to make people laugh at MY EXPENSE..........Because Humor is healthy.........The other of course is that you are a world class pitcher........

Bottom line is..........YOU took the post wrong..........You failed to see the humor in my critiquing something that had NO BUSINESS being critiqued your demo.........You, and a few others, FAILED to see the COMIC IRONY of my post......

I offered an apology because YOU mis-took my post........I wasn't apologizing FOR my post........

I got no response from you........So my friend.........It is what it is............

Here's my last observation on the whole thing, then I'm going to move on.........

There was a poster here who is now banned. He had something to sell. His books. And he absolutely could not see/deal with some of the humor posted here at his expense to make others laugh..........In other words.......HE COULD NOT LAUGH AT HIMSELF.........

You have something to sell. Yourself as an instructor/clinician who makes a living at your craft. The response I got from you about my comic irony post.........And the lack of acknowledgement about it, or my apology that you took it wrong..........Rings a familiar tone to me........

So in my opinion......This place has lost it's sense of humor..........

Best regards buddy..........

Grow up ....hey Bm you didn't find it humorous when Slingit was making fun of your hush puppies and kaky pants and pot belly...matter of fact he was banned...hahahaha.. now that was funny. Blame the mods I guess for the lack of humor. If u want humor go find it. Bye

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
And just so you'll know.........Others who have asked for my help via email.......Know my name.........

It's John...........

Ugh...are you saying your name is John Gault, if so the joke is on me b/c I thought that poster meant to say John "Galt", not "Gault"...which explains my humorous reply.

oh wait...you're making a joke..you're saying your name is "John" as a joke, in reference to that Gault-Galt post.

Or is it just a coincidence you have the same name as the guy who lives in the cape earning an honest living?

Now I'm confusing myself...I don't know what to believe cuz all this time I thought your name was Cosmo.

anyhow...I gotta get back to class, recess is over

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
How did I get into this one?

Bill,
I think he was referring to a comment I posted some time back in another thread. I took a friendly crack at him after he made fun of Susette, my nailist (manicurist.) BTW, I think she does a fine job:

FastballGrip-403x319.jpg

I'd never block you, especially after all the help you've given me in your videos and emails. I've always appreciated the time you've taken with your honest and humble opinions.

Likewise BM (John,)
You have a way with words. You say it like you see it. I may not appreciate the way you come across, but I've found that behind the sarcasm is a guy who is very willing to help a lot of people out with no more than a "thanks" here and there.

The internet can be a tough place to communicate. My hope is that you can get through this without any hurt or the use of any more four letter words (Ken B) and get on with what you both do very well: Help out us bucket-parents, coaches and pitchers. Your combined contributions have made the world of pitching a much better place.

With respect,
Ken

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
Ugh...are you saying your name is John Gault, if so the joke is on me b/c I thought that poster meant to say John "Galt", not "Gault"...which explains my humorous reply.

oh wait...you're making a joke..you're saying your name is "John" as a joke, in reference to that Gault-Galt post.

Or is it just a coincidence you have the same name as the guy who lives in the cape earning an honest living?

Now I'm confusing myself...I don't know what to believe cuz all this time I thought your name was Cosmo.

anyhow...I gotta get back to class, recess is over

ROFL TJ!...........See this is the stuff "good boards" are made of...........Yes my name is John.........No my last name is NOT Gault OR Galt........

BTW.......Who is "John Galt"..........

Jul 14, 2008
How did I get into this one?

Bill,
I think he was referring to a a comment I posted some time back in another thread. I took a friendly crack at him after he made fun of Susette, my nailist (manicurist.) BTW, I think she does a fine job:

View attachment 5215

I'd never block you, especially after all the help you've given me in your videos and emails. I've always appreciated the time you've taken with your honest and humble opinions.

Likewise, BM (John,) you have way with words. You say it like you see it. I may not appreciate the way you come across, but I've found that behind the sarcasm is a guy who is very willing to help a lot of people out with no more than a "thanks" here and there.

The internet can be a tough place to communicate. My hope is that you can get through this with out any hurt or the use of any more four letter words (Ken B) and get on with what you both do very well: Help out us bucket-parents, coaches and pitchers. Your combined contributions have made the world of pitching a much better place.

With respect,
Ken

Exactly........And the point is how I reacted to that.......I know you respect me.......And I you........And I INSTANTLY "felt" the humor in that post where you pointed out my "Glove Swim" because of that mutual respect........And we don't have to "know each other" any further then our interactions here to understand.........

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
ROFL TJ!...........See this is the stuff "good boards" are made of...........Yes my name is John.........No my last name is NOT Gault OR Galt........

BTW.......Who is "John Galt"..........

Hahaha...I have no clue, had to look it up....turns out he is some guy in some book that no one knew what his name was, or his real identity or something like that...I think the book was called Batman, or something along those lines.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
And to think this all could have been avoided if DFP had more emoticons available to properly clarify our tone, intent, double entendres, innermost feelings, secret wo/man crushes, sublimal messages etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG