Top Softball Programs in Tennessee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2013
East Peoria, IL
I may be relocating near Nashville TN (need to be within 2 hrs from). I currently reside in IL and have a talented 11 year old DD (at least bucket dad thinks so). She works hard almost daily and plays on one of the best 12U teams in IL. So I'm wanting to know what areas in TN should I start looking at for a competitive travel program and high school program. Please provide name of team, school and city.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
12u travel is a little young for my knowledge in TN, perhaps others can help you there. Here is a list of state title wins for HS.

Most State Championships for Girls Softball
School Count
Ezell Harding 13
Gibbs 9
Goodpasture 9
Soddy-Daisy 8
Baylor 8
Girls Preparatory School 7
Memphis Skyview 5
Giles County 4
Ooltewah 4
Hixson 4
Trinity Christian 4
Beech 4
Brentwood Academy 3
Davidson Academy 3
East Ridge 3
David Lipscomb 3
Father Ryan 2
University School of Jackson 2
Unicoi County 2
Richland 2
Boyd Buchanan 2
Red Bank 2
Chattanooga Grace 1
Notre Dame 1
Westmoreland 1
Morristown East 1
Sequatchie County 1
Brentwood 1
Dickson County 1
Powell 1
Greenbrier 1
Lexington 1
Lenoir City 1
Smyrna 1
Marshall County 1
Mt. Juliet 1
Forrest 1
Germantown 1
Riverdale 1
Chattanooga Central 1
Camden 1
Farragut 1
Decatur County Riverside 1
Memphis Oakhaven Baptist 1
Tipton-Rosemark 1
Waverly Central 1d

Jan 24, 2010
Tennessee Fury is based in Chattanooga. So are the Frost Falcons. I believe that Tennessee Ballhawks and Tennessee Elite are based around middle Tn area, but not sure of younger ages with them. I've also heard of Tennessee Illusions. Franklin Flames too, but not sure what age(s) they are.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I remember my dd playing against the Nashville Nighthawks throughout her career. I don't know if they have a 12U but my dd played them at 14U, 16U and 18 Gold.

Edited to add:

I've spent a lot of time in Franklin, Spring Hill and Murfreesboro. You can't go wrong with any of those towns.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2009
I'd check with the Germantown (Memphis area) Red Devils Organization. That may be too much distance from Nashville for 12U but their teams have a long tradition (I think nearly 30 years) of being very competitive on a national level. I believe their 16U team placed 2nd at the 2012 ASA/USA Nationals.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Get on Facebook and join Tennessee Fastpitch Player group. I coach a 10U TB team here in Middle TN and there are 12U teams looking for players constantly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tnfastpitchplayers/
You can message Roger Sargent here. I believe he is coaching the Franklin Flames 02 team.

Gophert, what team do you coach? I am the AC for Knoxville Storm 01. We are planning to play a couple of USFA tourneys in middle TN this summer. Maybe you can put me on some good hotel deals and local restaurants in Gallatin and Franklin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55