To Buy or not to Buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2017
My DDs 13 and 17, had yet to lose anything until a few weeks ago my oldest left her fielders mask at a clinic. She has had that mask for 5 years. Since she normally takes care of her equipment, we will replace it with no actions. She will have to help pay for a replacement of anything else she would lose from here on out though.

Jun 29, 2013
My DD is so absent-minded. Since December, she has forgotten her facemask twice, lost a new glove, lost a pair of batting gloves, left her water bottle behind several times, and forgotten some other items required by her team. This may or may not work, but I told her 1) she has to be the one to tell her coach where and how she lost her last mask (she is 11, for what it's worth); 2) explain where she "was told" her lost glove landed, and 3)explain to her coach and me (at the same time) how she is going to pay to replace anything that is truly lost. This is a relatively new phenomenon, but she is getting old enough to learn the value of money and how it is wasted by constantly losing stuff.

Sep 15, 2016
my DD wanted a new bat..and since her beloved Oregon ducks use Demarini she wanted a 2017 cf8. I told her she had to work it off..$5 every time she got on base, and $5 for every RBI she got...it was a good incentive plan. she is also a catcher so I was joking with lack of ability to catch a pop up foul behind her..she has struggled with this for a while, so I finally said jokingly that if you catch a foul pop up behind the plate while your catching your bat is payed off..lol well in an all-star tournament she finally did it..and it was the last out of the game and it sent us to the championship game.

also bet the team at the beginning of the season that if we made it to a championship game in all-stars (rec league) that I would let them cut my very long hair off...well I have very short hair now..lol

trying to come up with a new incentive program this year for 12u..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00