Help - Best place to find a left-hand thrower's catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2016
Horrible timing on this. Daughter is off to college in just under a month, and her catcher's gear bag got stolen out of her car. Nothing really matters in there except her glove. She's a lefty-catcher, so finding a quality glove has always been tough. We had hoped to never buy another glove.

So does anyone know a retailer who might actually have something in stock? Need it ASAP because we're going to have to work double-time to get it broken in before practice starts.

Also - does anyone have any insight on the Shoeless Joe brand? I have never seen their glove in person - only online.

May 18, 2022
Horrible timing on this. Daughter is off to college in just under a month, and her catcher's gear bag got stolen out of her car. Nothing really matters in there except her glove. She's a lefty-catcher, so finding a quality glove has always been tough. We had hoped to never buy another glove.

So does anyone know a retailer who might actually have something in stock? Need it ASAP because we're going to have to work double-time to get it broken in before practice starts.

Also - does anyone have any insight on the Shoeless Joe brand? I have never seen their glove in person - only online.
My son is a lefty catcher (sometimes) and has the Shoeless Joe catchers mitt, seems to be a good quality mitt, break in was pretty easy.

Apr 17, 2019
Is in stock, and the MVP Prime is a quick break-in from my experience - while you break in something a bit more durable perhaps.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A college player and a Shoeless Joe/Jane glove should never ever be mentioned in the same post again....ever!

Jul 29, 2016
Is in stock, and the MVP Prime is a quick break-in from my experience - while you break in something a bit more durable perhaps.
This is the glove we're replacing. I found a used one on eBay, so we're going with that. I bought her a new fielder's glove (for her secondary position) on justgloves.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee