Time limit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
First, Drop dead is dumb in any situation.

BUT, if you were were the home team, and ahead, why wouldn't you be declared the winner at the end of time? Both teams had the opportunity to bat. It's basically a "walk off" win for you. I could understand it if the visiting had taken the lead in the last inning and you weren't given the chance to complete your at bat.

By the way, drop dead is always dumb.

Oh yeah, I agree. I was just curious about looking at what the rules say on the situation. I was just looking at the situation from a different view.

We did score 2 runs on a wild pitch. The bottom of our lineup came through and our theme/focus for the weekend was aggressive base running. We scored from 2nd and 3rd on the same wild pitch.

It took the umpires a second before they called game. We were the home team. So, everyone had the same chances.

But, yes this is the second time we had time limits in the championship game with this sanction. We were all in agreement, the other teams coach at the beginning of the game we all disagreed with a time limit.

Jan 22, 2011
I don't mind some reasonable time limit for a championship game, 100 minutes or 120 minutes, finish the inning. Having a drop dead for a championship game is silly.

I once watched a 10u-c no time limit championship game go slightly over 2.5 hours and almost be called on account of darkness due to worn out pitching and good hitting teams.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
"All games will have a 1 hour 15 minute, no new inning time limit. 1 hour 30 minute hard stop in which the score will revert back to the previous full inning completed and runs scored in the unfinished inning do not count."
THIS makes the absolute WORST sense of how to use the time limit rule.

Consider this situation. After 4 innings score is V-3 H-2. During top of 5th V held scoreless, bottom of 5th H goes up 4-3 with 1 out when the time expires. According to the packet we are talking about, the score would revert and runs scored in the unfinished inning go away, H goes from winning in an incomplete inning to losing because of revert......

Jan 11, 2015
THIS makes the absolute WORST sense of how to use the time limit rule.

Consider this situation. After 4 innings score is V-3 H-2. During top of 5th V held scoreless, bottom of 5th H goes up 4-3 with 1 out when the time expires. According to the packet we are talking about, the score would revert and runs scored in the unfinished inning go away, H goes from winning in an incomplete inning to losing because of revert......
Can't be there all day. Atleast the games will stay on time which is good haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00