Throwmax training aid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has every used the throwmax training aid for the underhand pitch. Would this promote the elbow to lead or would it promote the arm to be locked out during the pitch?

Here is the link to the throwmax. ThrowMAX

Feb 24, 2010
DD got one in the fall of 2009 when she started playing softball, initially to help with the overhand throw. After she wanted to pitch, it was useful in correcting the "arm curl" follow through. It got to the point that it was only used sparingly - 10-12 pitches per practice - because she like it too much and was becoming dependent upon it. She used it for maybe 3-4 weeks total, and now we don't even know where it is!

Jul 21, 2008
DD got one in the fall of 2009 when she started playing softball, initially to help with the overhand throw. After she wanted to pitch, it was useful in correcting the "arm curl" follow through. It got to the point that it was only used sparingly - 10-12 pitches per practice - because she like it too much and was becoming dependent upon it. She used it for maybe 3-4 weeks total, and now we don't even know where it is!

Did the devise promote leading with the elbow or straight arm on the down swing of the pitch?

May 13, 2008
It doesn't lock the arm in one position, you can still lead with the elbow. It does restrict how much you can bend the elbow depending on how you put wear it. This will help if the elbow is too loose, as the longer (and faster) the arm circle is, the faster the pitch. It also helps get the feeling of a proper IR follow-through.

My DD didn't like to use it too much because she felt like it pinched her a little. The results, though, were great.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Yuck. Are you kidding? This is demeaning to the player if you ask me.

Again, let's NOT make softball like golf. They can buy all their gadgets (for golf) when they retire from softball or preferably at 65.

Learn things the right way, even if it takes longer. The results are not for our satisfaction, but for the girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish