Thoughts on the DeMarini Slapper bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
DD is a lefty who has done some slapping - she is going to start working hard on it this fall/winter. She is 12, small and fast. She can also hit to the gap regularly. She demoed a slapper bat last week and really liked it. She loved how the wrap went the opposite direction - said it felt really good in her hands.

My question - is it more of a gimmick? Or a good bat to have?
She's been using an LXT for the past 3 years.

Aug 30, 2015
My daughter likes the Demarini Slapper and notices a significant difference from other bats. There is more weight in the handle as opposed to the end of the bat for better control.

Also has enough pop-- she went yard a month ago with the same bat (right-handed swing, though).

Right now, you should be paying around $225, not normal list of $350.

Apr 26, 2015
Thanks for the info...when she was demo-ing it she loved how much control she felt like she had. Glad to hear your DD likes it.
I actually found it in her size for $160 for the 2016...guess I should just jump on that! (Of course she loves the 2017 paint job...but...)

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD wouldn't swing anything else. She slaps a lot less than she did a year ago but the bat still has plenty of pop for a full swing. We went with it to get away from the drop -11 and since the weight is shifted toward the handle it swings light.

Feb 17, 2013
South Texas
I have one ordered and on it's way for my DD.... I'll have to get her review on here once we get it in hand and in the cage...

Thanks for starting this thread.

Apr 26, 2015
Sales were very poor...You def should be able to find great deals on Slappers

So...would you say sales were poor because it's not a great bat? It's a gimmick? Or too new? Or???
Dd liked it when she demoed it- but honestly that was just a few swings off the tee and a few soft toss swings in a hyped up tourney environment. Plus - she's only 12...I figure $160ish (from our local sporting goods store) isn't bad to give it a try, but then again ... I could put that money towards new catchers gear...

BTW DD still really likes her LXT we got from you a couple months back! I'm just wondering if she might have been better off with a -11 since she is so small, but since I don't want to go that route I was thinking the lighter feeling swing of the slapper might be the answer to keep her at a -10. She has swung a -10 for the past 18 months but she seems to be struggling as of late. I know we have to work on her swing and that a new bat isn't the answer to swing mechanics- but just curious if this would be a good bat to have as she ventures into the slappong world.

Jun 11, 2013
DD actually used it by mistake in practice (She is lefty but not a slapper). She actually loved the feel of the left handing taping.

Apr 26, 2015
DD actually used it by mistake in practice (She is lefty but not a slapper). She actually loved the feel of the left handing taping.

Yeah - that was the first thing DD noticed. She kept saying - this bat feels good in my hands - before she'd even taken a swing. Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01