This was dorky

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
I saw that post. Runner on third came off base before pitch? I feel bad for the hitter, to have a HR negated by that

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

May 13, 2023
Are you sure Georgia wasn't donating an out? The score was 20-8 at that point, with two on base and one out, top of the 5th inning.
People can decide whether that would be dorky to do or not....
Especially at the same time as swinging away and hitting a home run. 🤷‍♀️

Let's get out
on the other hand
let's hit the ball out of the park
huh?

May 29, 2015
I wondered that for a split second, but it doesn't quite work the same way in college . . .

Unless I missed a change somewhere, in NFHS, USA, and USSSA it is an immediate dead ball, so you can "donate the out" by stepping off the base early. (I like that terminology, hadn't heard that before!)

In NCAA, it is a delayed dead ball (notice U3 gives the signal when the runner leaves the bag). This change was made to allow the defense to not be "punished" if the batter hits into a double play. Sure, the runner will still be called out in the end, but a play like this makes it painful.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I am going with she left the base early on purpose. I guess it could have been a total brain fart also. Digby was having an incredible game before that last at bat, believe she was 4 for 4 at the plate before that at bat.

I believe that base runner on 3rd base is Justin Fields (Chicago Bears Quarterback) little sister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi