This Old Man is dusting off the cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For me the shift is too late. I would like to see the shift of COM lead the forward move. Or at least be first. It stretches things faster/better, more sequential. don’t like to see the core stretched into toe touch. That ls abaf in my mind. Good swings though J. Watch the letters and bb. it’s subtle, but important imo. Watch any good pro you will see the same.

1629115651727.gif

Jun 8, 2016
I agree I am leaning back too much, old habit. I am going to simplify and try to Griffey approach, try to keep my head between my feet. I'll try that in my next swings.
The reason you are leaning back is your move out…

May 12, 2016
For me the shift is too late. I would like to see the shift of COM lead the forward move. Or at least be first. It stretches things faster/better, more sequential. don’t like to see the core stretched into toe touch. That ls abaf in my mind. Good swings though J. Watch the letters and bb. it’s subtle, but important imo. Watch any good pro you will see the same.

View attachment 23573
I'm seeing the same thing W. I'm not really getting FYB, at heel plant I am still back. Then I shift forward with the swing. Getting the same comments from most on this site, and I agree 100%. I am going to try starting with my head between my feet and keep my forward move simple.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I'm seeing the same thing W. I'm not really getting FYB, at heel plant I am still back. Then I shift forward with the swing. Getting the same comments from most on this site, and I agree 100%. I am going to try starting with my head between my feet and keep my forward move simple.
Sometimes the best teacher can be a mirror (dry swings) for connecting the fyb leveraged position dots... I use to spend allot of time there for instant feed back.

May 12, 2016
Sometimes the best teacher can be a mirror (dry swings) for connecting the fyb leveraged position dots... I use to spend allot of time there for instant feed back.
I've been in the mirror already LOL. Looks good, until I get in the backyard :). Not seeing a video of my swing I always thought my sequence was ok :). TBH, I haven't really been focusing on sequence much so far in my vids, just feeling somethings out. However since I believe sequence is probably the most primary building block in the swing, I am going to back it up and focus there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA