They ought to tar and feather him!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
wow...a little bit of meanness coming across on this thread...

What struck me about the OP was this: A girl who is a good enough pitcher to be picked up by a college is THEN going to have her pitching style completely changed by the college's pitching coach???? If she was good enough to be signed, shouldn't they have left her style alone...

And wouldn't a GOOD college pitching coach be able to coach girls with BOTH styles of pitching?

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
The 10 year old in this video has poor mechanics. Just because she is 10 and can throw underhanded doesn't mean that we should get too fired up.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
What struck me about the OP was this: A girl who is a good enough pitcher to be picked up by a college is THEN going to have her pitching style completely changed by the college's pitching coach???? If she was good enough to be signed, shouldn't they have left her style alone...

My thoughts exactly!
I think it's reasonable to believe that the coach who changed this college pitcher's style is responsible for the injury. I'm highly skeptical of any "coach" who tries to change an athlete's style. Tweaking is one thing, change is throwing out what you have and starting over.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
The 10 year old in this video has poor mechanics. Just because she is 10 and can throw underhanded doesn't mean that we should get too fired up.

SneakySoftballPitching | Squeeze Page

FOR 10 years old, she appeared to be on her way, other than falling to one side, the glove pushed the wrong way, not coming straight ahead, pushing more, i guess her ability to throw as i saw it impressed me for what i see in 10 yearolds and 12 year olds around here.

Tell me more, i am not an instructor.
thks

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Coachfp, Everyone is aware of your opinions on leap and drag mechanics. Your criticism of others seems to be all you can ever contribute to this board. Everyone is aware of that too. Now would be the time you get on your knees, face Pennsylvania and do your 'Hail Bill's.

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
You forgot her release point! Where was her release point for this pitch? It has a different release point than most other pitches. Try watching the video a few more times and just look for that. The pitching mat she is throwing on is a piece of used conveyor belt that I am guessing weighs around 50 pounds. The slick conctrete under it, even as heavy as that is, would slide forward with an aggressive push. It would throw everything off a little bit out of fear of stumbling. Also, she would have to close her hips just a little more than usual for this one.

When they would work on speed, I would usually stand just behind and to the throwing side with my foot on the corner to try and keep it from sliding.

I believe this may have been the second lesson we were working on that riseball.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I'm going to stay away from the comments that could be made, i would eliminate the age though,
however SNEAKY SOFTBALL PITCHING .COM i saw the video of the 10 year old, amazing.

Any idea if she's been doing this for 2-3 years or how long?

Does that DVD for 24.97 get into the delivery of the video shown?

tks

really looks good to me what she does.

I believe that was her 2nd lesson working on it and I have never made a DVD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCsDad