There Are Still Great Softball Supporters Out There Still...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
my DD and her HS teammates were part of the "WIN for KC" luncheon that celebrates female athletes and 2014 State Champions, as well as others who contribute to the Kansas City girls athletic scene.....which is sadly the last celebration for back-to-back titles.....anyway, the third "youtube" video down is about our local ASA representative - Mary Mahoney....who has been a great ASA Leader and a big advocate for "Special Olympics" and raised $21,000 for the organization, enough to buy a nice transport vehicle for them. She has also been a big supporter and fan of my DD recently showing up at a practice and demanding to her new coach that she try out for a Kansas City All-Star game this summer v. Team USA, as she didn't come to the first open try-out.....(because she was snubbed and uninformed by her ex-coach).....now she made it to the final 36 (of a 24 player roster)...and has a pretty good chance to make it I'm told....we'll see I guess....

2015 WIN for KC Women's Sports Awards

now at this luncheon (WIN for KC) Mr. Deron Cherry, former Kansas City Chiefs safety and owner of the local KCMO Anheiser-Busch Beverage Distributorship, paid the $100 lunch tab fee for all eight of the seniors (the school district paid for the rest of the varsity softball program). As the servers were distributing the plate lunches, everyone at the table that my DD was at, got a plate except her....of course the server says they will go get one right away, but that was not the case....after about one minute....Mr. Cherry, who was sitting at the same table, also waiting to see if the server took care of my DD, got up and said "this is unacceptable"....then took his un-touched plate of food over to my DD and went and got one for himself. My DD said he, his wife "Bella" and own 11 YO DD could not have been nicer.....my DD said his 11 YO was is a young budding softball player and was in awe of the HS softball players, even getting some autographs (my DD said it was her first one ever) and Mr. Cherry would only talk about the LSHS Tigers softball team to people and their accomplishments ....

IMG_1665.jpg

There are still some great softball supporters out there still....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan