The worst in Candrea's career

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It is my opinion only, that he softened up, when his first wife died and then, when his prime recruit killed herself at 16. In Tucson, we aren't happy losing any games. His team could be .800 and we would still gripe. The pressure on the girls to perform is awful.

Jan 6, 2013
Hmm. He has had 8 National Championships since 1986. He had a rough 2013. So what. He is an ambassador to the sport. Athletics is about winning and losing. It's about life lessons. There are ups and downs in life. He is part of the reason OTHER teams have has success. Many have learned from his success.

Oct 22, 2013
Atlanta
"You turn it around the other way. 'I've made a strong commitment to you. Now, I need to get a return on this investment."
Inspiring in my part, however, I don't think that this will boost his team's morale. Still got next season to pump up.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Hmm. He has had 8 National Championships since 1986. He had a rough 2013. So what. He is an ambassador to the sport. Athletics is about winning and losing. It's about life lessons. There are ups and downs in life. He is part of the reason OTHER teams have has success. Many have learned from his success.

I believe you are correct. Call me a die-hard idiot, but we renewed our season tickets for Arizona Wildcats softball. Looking forward to the season. Fall games indicated more depth on the roster than they had last spring. Added 2 pitchers and a UCLA-transfer SS. Let's see how it goes. I'm willing to bet 2014 will be better.

Nov 30, 2013
I believe you are correct. Call me a die-hard idiot, but we renewed our season tickets for Arizona Wildcats softball. Looking forward to the season. Fall games indicated more depth on the roster than they had last spring. Added 2 pitchers and a UCLA-transfer SS. Let's see how it goes. I'm willing to bet 2014 will be better.

The Wildcats had the MAKOS flying yesterday at the Kajikawa Classic when they beat Southern Miss in 5 innings.They looked good getting the 14 runs on 16 hits in a 14-2 win.

Sep 18, 2011
The Wildcats had the MAKOS flying yesterday at the Kajikawa Classic when they beat Southern Miss in 5 innings.They looked good getting the 14 runs on 16 hits in a 14-2 win.

So they finally got rid of the Mizuno bats??

Sep 18, 2011
A friend of mine took his DD to an Arizona camp this winter. Coach C. said that this year he was going to allow his players to use any bat they want. No wonder they're back.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A friend of mine took his DD to an Arizona camp this winter. Coach C. said that this year he was going to allow his players to use any bat they want. No wonder they're back.

Doing so he probably had to give up some $ in the best intersts of his team. Maybe someone can give us a rundown of what bats they decide to use!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06