The worst at bat in the history of softball....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Today I witnessed what may have been the worst at bat in the history of softball....and if it was not my DD at the plate I would have never believe it.

Runner on 1B, no outs, DD at the plate. First pitch change up and DD swings out of her shoes and misses the ball by 3 feet. Second pitch the coach had called for a bunt and DD stabs at it and missed the ball by a foot. 3rd pitch in the dirt and DD swings at it for strike three. Since the ball was in the dirt some of the parents behind home plate yell "run", so DD takes off for 1B, which was occupied with less than 2 outs so DD is OUT. Runner on 1B seeing DD running towards 1B, so she takes off for 2B and is thrown out by 6 feet....has anyone else's DD struck out into a double play? How do you even score than on Game Changer? Just dayum...

LOL I actually seen something similar on DD's team a few weeks ago. Runners on first and second and a dropped third strike. For whatever reason the runner on first runs, but the runner on second stays, and the batter runs to first lol. The catcher throws to first not realizing that the batter is already out. In the mean time the runner on second goes to third. One of the most bizarre plays I've seen in 12U.

Jun 19, 2013
I would like to request that we don't have two teams with this similar of uniforms when I am trying to watch on a 3x4 inch screen at my desk!

Sep 18, 2011
0 for 4 with a bases loaded strikeout looking. JAD's dd schooled her. I will never be able to show my face around here again. :(

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I like that even at 18U dads are still telling their DDs to protect on 2 strikes :)

I am 41 and my Dad is 75. If I was playing slow pitch softball he would still probably tell me that...:p Dads (and Moms for that matter)
never stop being Dads and Moms..we just move away and give them less opportunity...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
0 for 4 with a bases loaded strikeout looking. JAD's dd schooled her. I will never be able to show my face around here again. :(

Y'all won the game and we hung on to the 3 seed by the skin of our teeth....not hitting the ball, playing sub-par defense and walking batters is going to lead to an early exit for us once bracket play starts.

Sep 18, 2011
Y'all won the game and we hung on to the 3 seed by the skin of our teeth....not hitting the ball, playing sub-par defense and walking batters is going to lead to an early exit for us once bracket play starts.

Some things are truly hard to fathom. We won our pool, and our "reward" is a probable first round match-up with the Tampa Mustangs TJ, the defending PGF champs, because the Mustangs inexplicably lost both of their pool games.

One thing is for certain. IDT (Boulder) to South Bend (two game exhibition) to Demarini (Chicago) to WFC (Kansas City) back to back to back to back is too much. Do NOT want this schedule again next year. Curious how everyone else who has attempted this schedule is holding up?? [MENTION=2313]knightsb[/MENTION]??

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Some things are truly hard to fathom. We won our pool, and our "reward" is a probable first round match-up with the Tampa Mustangs TJ, the defending PGF champs, because the Mustangs inexplicably lost both of their pool games.

One thing is for certain. IDT (Boulder) to South Bend (two game exhibition) to Demarini (Chicago) to WFC (Kansas City) back to back to back to back is too much. Do NOT want this schedule again next year. Curious how everyone else who has attempted this schedule is holding up?? [MENTION=2313]knightsb[/MENTION]??

Who beat the Tampa Mustangs TJ? Their 2016 pitcher who is verballed to FSU (#70 Davis) is a BEAST. Throws @ 68 MPH and hits BOMBS!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06