The Recruiting Process ...2015 DD Verbals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast
In hopes of getting this topic rolling again, I wanted to take a moment to update those whom might be
interested in my 2105 DD's recruitment. Last week she received an offer from one of her dream schools.
This dream school is a perfect fit for her academically and athletically. This school is a D2 school and we were
a bit surprised that they offered this soon in the process. My daughter has accepted the offer and is very happy
with her decision.

If anyone has any questions about the process and what the experience was like, please don't
hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast
Thank You!! You guys are killing me....LOL If I could figure out how to change the topic to 2015 I would..lol

Not sure how, but I figured it out.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
In hopes of getting this topic rolling again, I wanted to take a moment to update those whom might be
interested in my 2105 DD's recruitment. Last week she received an offer from one of her dream schools.
This dream school is a perfect fit for her academically and athletically. This school is a D2 school and we were
a bit surprised that they offered this soon in the process. My daughter has accepted the offer and is very happy
with her decision.

If anyone has any questions about the process and what the experience was like, please don't
hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer.
image.jpg
Maybe she'll meet my DD!

Dec 7, 2011
Congrats to your DD first.

So can ya describe the interaction with the school from when they first communicated interest to when the verbal was made and how that was made?

18GoldDad

Livin the Dream!!!
May 13, 2012
Left Coast
Thank You RB !

The school she has given a Verbal to has been following her and her team for over a year and they've seen her play several times. Being that this was one DD's top schools on her list and one that she had emailed weekly and sent video to, we had a felling that by their presence they were interested. There has been no interaction due to recruiting rules and regulations. The head coach of a travel team is very instrumental in the recruiting process and was in my DD's case. He/She is the first one to know about a schools interest and the first to know that the school would like to offer the athlete. The travel coach is the messenger.

Dec 7, 2011
Thank You RB !

The school she has given a Verbal to has been following her and her team for over a year and they've seen her play several times. Being that this was one DD's top schools on her list and one that she had emailed weekly and sent video to, we had a felling that by their presence they were interested. There has been no interaction due to recruiting rules and regulations. The head coach of a travel team is very instrumental in the recruiting process and was in my DD's case. He/She is the first one to know about a schools interest and the first to know that the school would like to offer the athlete. The travel coach is the messenger.

Oh ya, your DD is 2015. Don't know why I forgot that.

I am desperately trying to figure out what to expect in the process for DD getting an offer here (as a 2014)

DD here has had multiple live discussions with "the coach". We have been asked to fill out some on-line personal/financial forms from the school. Wish I could know what this means and where we are in the process. Of course I could have asked the coach the last time we had a meeting but I didn't want to sound presumtuous.

Signed - still confused in the process.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619