The peaks and valleys are killing me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Peaks and valleys but normally some aspect is getting better. Hard to see sometimes. DD hand work not great and seemed to not understand. She's very smart and its inexcusable to not know. Her mom ask here and her answer cranked me up, if you give me a quiz and let me write it down I can answer it in detail, I'm really good at taking quizzes. Lol.

Her change and curve was very good that day but we remember what could have been a little better. Denny Tincher blog has an article about being awesome that's some it up.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
As others have suggested, it is all part of it, the ups and downs. Have to embrace the grind and keep your eyes on the longer term goals. I will occasionally step back and ask my DD, do you realize how much better a pitcher you are today than you were a year ago or even six months ago? We high five each other and then keep working. I have gotten much more stoic over time and don't live or die by every pitch, whether in games or our practices. She's either going to make her pitch or she's not. She's either going to pitch well or she won't. They are not going to have it every time for any host of reasons. Any single inning or game is not going to make or break her as a pitcher--most of the games you play really don't mean very much. Meanwhile, it is this kind of mental approach that I try to work with her on. Just try your best to make your pitch--what she can control--and then whatever happens will happen. To borrow a phrase, "That's softball."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877