The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Nothing else matters when this is right.
tumblr_pcn5kvNLNQ1usf292o1_400.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Do you like this?

In my world. Initially my hands move my barrel because Im holding onto the handle . Then my arms and hands move my barrel with support from my body.

I don't like the stretch shirt example. Your shirt has nothing to do with your swing.imo

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Do you like this?

In my world. Initially my hands move my barrel because Im holding onto the handle . Then my arms and hands move my barrel with support from my body.

Yes I do. Not sure I follow you.
tumblr_pcn6jfg5PF1usf292o1_250.gif

First part of the gif. Makes me think of swing 'around' your body. Turning the barrel beside the body. Second part of the gif to me I'm thinking 'out from' your body. Turn the barrel NOW.
I'm 'seeing' this:
tumblr_pc8vx9OqNn1usf292o1_400.gif

Red lines representing the stretch.

https://twitter.com/swingTHENhit/status/998881578360205313

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
TMs examples ... and I think just about all of them have never resonated with me. The fan , the knob to nose, the laser the ball , the phone booth , the falling off a cliff , the coil and spin on one leg( reminds me of the tea cups in Alice in wonderland ), the oarlock , hip slip and uptick.

I did like the torsion spring. Did feel that in my swing.

Tewks, 1CA and BM stuff I get. I can see and feel that when I look at MLB swings. Just my experience.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
TMs examples ... and I think just about all of them have never resonated with me. The fan , the knob to nose, the laser the ball , the phone booth , the falling off a cliff , the coil and spin on one leg( reminds me of the tea cups in Alice in wonderland ), the oarlock , hip slip and uptick.

Tewks, 1CA and BM stuff I get. I can see and feel that when I look at MLB swings. Just my experience.

Ok. This gif isn't TM's or off his tweeter/blog page.

So, are you saying you don't understand it...it's wrong....you thought it's TM so...you didn't like it.
It's OK to not agree with what the gif is showing. So, which is it.
Added: I never said I was 'lock step' with every thing.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

the coil and spin on one leg
This is know as a 'straw man' argument. I never heard TM say nor teach 'coil and spin on one leg'.
the laser the ball
I know of one of the guys' stuff you get' uses 'point the knob at the ball.
he oarlock
I believe another of the guys 'stuff you get' may have used this or something similar.
Not sure I heard TM use this term but, I know of others who have on BBD.
I get it you don't like TM a lot of poster don't so, your not alone. But, it does sound like you like the message but, not the messenger. I get it...Again JMHO.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes I do. Not sure I follow you.

First part of the gif. Makes me think of swing 'around' your body. Turning the barrel beside the body. Second part of the gif to me I'm thinking 'out from' your body. Turn the barrel NOW.
I'm 'seeing' this:
tumblr_pc8vx9OqNn1usf292o1_400.gif

Red lines representing the stretch.

https://twitter.com/swingTHENhit/status/998881578360205313

I'm of the school that the hands set up the rest of the movements. There is a lower body running start . The hands are setting up direction of the hand path and the body path. If a pitch is out the hands supply the delay the body needs to wait for the outside pitch and stay closed . If the pitch is in the hands set up quicker which gets the body to clear so a tight hand path can be executed. As far as stretch is concerned, that is accomplished early via lower body running start. The upper body load happens during resistance as the pitch location is being realized. Then the barrel gets whipped. This was in response to ' not following you'.
The running start puts the body in a position to support the hands job.

I am very Leary of mechanics that Promise power. To me power is relative to the player among other things . Squaring up balls in all parts of the zone and at top speeds should be the prerequisite for any mechanics . I believe Trout and Jeter use the same type mechanics . But one has more power than the other . This is what I mean.

last paragraph not meant for you RD. Just my opinion on things.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This is know as a 'straw man' argument. I never heard TM say nor teach 'coil and spin on one leg'.

I know of one of the guys' stuff you get' uses 'point the knob at the ball.

I believe another of the guys 'stuff you get' may have used this or something similar.

Not sure I heard TM use this term but, I know of others who have on BBD.
I get it you don't like TM a lot of poster don't so, your not alone. But, it does sound like you like the message but, not the messenger. I get it...Again JMHO.

The spin thing was when he would coil up and the release spin back around.

Laser the ball the way his example was slashing/cutting not staying through. His example seemed to pull off . I like the pujols example better. Like I said before I just don't like his dishonesty.

Now he is saying get your hands right at the top is all that matters. Thats why I said I liked it. That's basically what I believe .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad