The GAS thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tfbit

Twin DD Daddy
Jun 10, 2014
Few weeks ago got a 2014 31/21 Xeno for the gurlbots. Had three boxes on the porch yesterday containing a Louisville Slugger Black Frame Pitching Machine, a dozen Worth 11" Dream Seam C11RYLA balls, and a nice Schutt Spiked Home Plate.

FPXN14-RR-Xeno_02.jpg

black-flame-pitching-machine.jpg

C11RYLA-1-X-L.jpg

orig_spiked_hp3LRG.jpg

Jun 21, 2010
Poor DD has to use last year's equipment. No new bats since the 32/22 CF6 Insane and the 2014 -9 32" Xeno from last year. Nokona glove still going strong.

Had her Nokona re-laced. A pair of Oakley's so she would stop borrowing mine.

For me: Another Nokona glove and a custom Vinci. Love the Vinci but so damn tough to break in. The Nokona BM-76 is one nice glove!

Mar 22, 2013
Sunny SC
Well i guess i can chime in. DD's second real year playing so we really went all in. This year (so far):

Bownet
2 buckets of balls. One bucket in pieces, hit by DD
Cf6 demarini (xeno at the end of last season)
12 TCB balls
2 sets of cleats (DD is 12 but sometimes plays 14u, so metal cleats for those games)
Evo shield elbow guard
$79 tee from Dicks sporting goods (junk)
Tanner tee to fix above mistake
Louisville slugger blue flame pitching machine, mostly for catching pop fly balls
Bat weight
At least 2 pair of batting gloves (that i know of, she loses them)
Power stick/bucket of Bolt balls
Large garden cart to haul all stuff. Cart will never see garden.
New batters helmet.
New catchers helmet
Enough sporting/training clothes to dress a small village
This past week::
Nokona banana tan catchers mitt (she LOVES it)
New UA chest protector
Easton stealth Catchers bag.

Next up nikon dslr camera for me, i mean for DD, you know.....to show her pictures of all her hard work!

Edit: lots of hitting lessons

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
raining today plus last day of school, so we skipped ball and went out to supper. 2 games vs u16 team on sat, 2legit is going in!:) report card was good!

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
OMG. Now that I've read this thread, it became clear that I spent a bunch of money.

DDs TB team fold in March so she got in another (better) organization. But with 2 practice uniforms and 4 game uniforms and a helmet and jacket, the team gear was about $450.

Besides the new team uniforms, in the past year?

New Easton FS1, $160 (great price)
Nokona Buckaroo, $275
UA cleats, $60 (they sucked)
2 pr Mizuno cleats with Tuff Toe, $160
2 pr batting gloves, $50
bat/gear bag $75
sand balls, $40?
a couple dozen new balls for pitching practice $150
6 or 8 pair practice socks, $50ish
4 scorebooks $25
2 pair sliding shorts $50ish

pitching lessons and batting lessons

Dec 7, 2011
DD's new 2Legit going into the game this weekend (maybe in pool tomorrow). Let's compare notes!

After Pool Play yesterday:

2Legit got into ONE AB and DD hit a slow roller ground ball. She comes off the field and says it feels too end-heavy compared to her CF6 and put it back in the bag.

I have commitment from her that she will bring it back out in the next practice (may be two weeks yet....)

DD has got to find a Worth offering she likes,....she knows it,....but is sooooo attached to the CF's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi