The Affect Of Games Live Streamed For Recruitment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2019
I wonder if coaches take the time to watch an archived stream. The full game will contain the good, bad, and ugly, but is it worth the time it takes to view a whole game to find that moment when a player deals with failure.

As teams, kids love when you can make a highlight reel, but should a pitcher be concerned about a bad outing being publicly available so that a teammate can show off their 2HR game?

I stream all of our teams games and post the files on YouTube a few days later. I wonder if/when I will deal with a request from a parent to take something down because it puts their kids in a bad light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, I have been told a preference may be to watch in reply. Pause, fast forward, slow mo, stop footage.......many advantages. It also helps when they are confused over who's batting or playing where.

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s team is going to start using Sideline in the Fall. A few of the kid’s MS teams use it as well so I have been able to view their MS ABs and can say if the operator falls asleep at the wheel (I assume it is operator error and not some algorithm glitch) the individual AB streams can get screwed up pretty easily…😂

Jul 31, 2015
Noticeably internet tool has helped get college coaches eyes on players.
And follow players.

Does this mean that traveling to other states will not be as necessary?

*sure there are some events that MAY have more prestige. But hmmm???
There are many of those spread across the nation now.

So wonder if players will start staying in there own 'regions' more?

Wasn't this one of the reasons for The Alliance? To cut down on travel and make local/regional tournaments count - ?
- Alliance did grow wildly during covid times when travel was limited.

Also, D1 coach who followed our team this summer said she was looking only at her existing 2022 commits, had seen them on film and was glad to see them in person. Said 2023 would be film first and in-person when she got serious.

Feb 7, 2016
DD’s team is going to start using Sideline in the Fall. A few of the kid’s MS teams use it as well so I have been able to view their MS ABs and can say if the operator falls asleep at the wheel (I assume it is operator error and not some algorithm glitch) the individual AB streams can get screwed up pretty easily…😂
Have you hugged your scorekeeper recently? While everyone else watches the game and shoots the shizzle, I'm focussed on scoring that last bang-bang play and making sure it's entered correctly so the highlight clip is correct! :)

I need one of those tshirts that says LMTFA-IDGC! If you know, you know!

Jun 8, 2016
Have you hugged your scorekeeper recently? While everyone else watches the game and shoots the shizzle, I'm focussed on scoring that last bang-bang play and making sure it's entered correctly so the highlight clip is correct! :)

I need one of those tshirts that says LMTFA-IDGC! If you know, you know!
It wasn't my kid's games I was talking about but in general I don't like to see my kid's ABs anyway so I would actually hug them if they did screw hers up...

As a general rule, anything you think about TB parents in general just apply the opposite to me ..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Wasn't this one of the reasons for The Alliance? To cut down on travel and make local/regional tournaments count - ?
- Alliance did grow wildly during covid times when travel was limited.

Also, D1 coach who followed our team this summer said she was looking only at her existing 2022 commits, had seen them on film and was glad to see them in person. Said 2023 would be film first and in-person when she got serious.
(Reason for alliance is $$$$$.)

Live streamed games already happen at multiple venues & showcases.
Including teams who are also live streaming practices and scrimmage type games.

Good point about colleges keeping eyes on their recruits.
~Probably to some extent that may be an awseome thing for some players,
and a nervous thing for others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1