That's A Wrap for Little League Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
My oldest DD played her last LL softball game this past weekend, we (Virginia) lost 4-1 against West Virginia in the SE Regional in Warner Robins, GA. North Carolina went 4-0 and won the SE Region, beating West Virginia. We lost to NC in our first game 1-0. This was my first year at the Regional tournament and I was surprised by the parity and high-level of play. It was clear that all the girls also play travel and I would classify all the teams as local/regional A-level clubs. There were no cupcakes, that is for sure. Several games were decided by one run and just about every team had at least one stud pitcher (most throwing fastballs in the mid-50s) and a strong defense. It seemed in just about any given game that any team could have won. It made for stressful, but very exciting softball.

We played well (we beat a good GA team in our second game), but ultimately couldn't find the clutch hits when we needed them. I wish we got the chance to go to Portland, but it was still a pretty incredible way to end her LL career--it's been such an important part of her life. Just a great experience and a big part of her development. Good luck to North Carolina in the LL World Series!!!

Now will turn our focus to playing 14U travel and getting ready for HS, which will be here in a blink.

p.s. My younger DD still has two years to potentially play on LL all-star teams and to make it back to the SE Regionals and, hopefully, the WS.

Jul 14, 2018
That North Carolina team has had an amazing run over the last four or five years. There was a similar powerhouse in the East in Robbinsville NJ. It seems like when a team breaks through and has some great success, all the good athletes come out of the woodwork and want to play softball.

Agreed about the level of play. The Robbinsville team plays a lot of USSSA tournaments leading up to their Little League run, and they're always a tough team. They lost in the semis at Regionals this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand