That moment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
When you see the culmination of 4.5 months of off-season hitting lessons come together; When your DD who struggled getting the ball out of the infield is now hitting rockets, even if they are at BP speed; When you see your DD drop her hands and actually hit that low inside pitch knowing she lacked the experience and confidence to do this last year; and when you see the previously shy, reserved girl who just wanted to belong now standing confidently in the box knowing she can compete. Yep, it's the best feeling ever. :)

Jul 2, 2013
Softball is a what have you done for me lately kind of sport.

Everyone is trying to get that moment, every day. Enjoy it today ... want it tomorrow. The more today's you get ... tomorrow, the more enjoyable softball becomes.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
We had that moment last year. DD was playing on a 10A team and couldn't hit a thing in the fall, so we worked with a private hitting coach all winter and when spring came around, she went from batting #11 on an 11 girl roster to batting #5.....her confidence returned and you could see it in everything she did on the field.

Feb 17, 2014
The moment for my DD came in a scrimmage last May.

In a scrimmage on a Tuesday night she got ahead 3-0 and watched 3 strikes in a row. On Thursday night, in another scrimmage, she hit the first pitch over the CF head for an inside the park HR.

"See what happens when you swing the bat?"

May 27, 2013
Yep - witnessing it right now with my dd! She broke her arm during our last all-star game of the season after finally developing into a good hitter. She had a double and a homerun in that game. After her arm healed and fall season started, she just couldn't hit the ball. She's been taking lessons now for about 2 months and man, can she drill the ball now!!! The guy she works with has been fantastic - has truly built her confidence up - and that was the biggest problem.

Jun 29, 2013
Vertigo, the confidence was the biggest issue for my DD as well, we hit the jackpot with her instructor (former college player, now about to start a pro career). The technical knowledge she has and the flexible methods she uses are exceptional. But her ability to really inspire confidence and teach the mental game is what impresses me the most.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Two years ago while with another program, dd would bat towards the bottom or even at all... We went to work that fall when I started our own team. She progressively got better through fall ball and practiced like crazy through last winter. When our travel teams tournaments started she was a consistent #3 hitter, averaged .675 through the summer and fall. Her confidence was like watching a caterpillar turn into a butterfly.... "that moment"

Apr 1, 2010
Yep, to me softball is well worth all the time and money we've put into it. DD is in the middle of those miserable early teen years, but when she steps onto a field or into a batting cage, all of that falls away. She's where she belongs and wants to be and just brims with confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi