Thanks DFP Pitching Posters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
Just a little note cause I am at work :) but I have been thinking of this site lately and wanted to just say a couple things.

This is an emotional year since my daughter is a senior in college and it's all coming to an end. I am sure I will feel led to return and post again as it comes to a close. We started on here when she was 10 or 11 and now she is 22!!

Mostly I just want to say how much I appreciated the experience and knowledge that was shared on this site and how I could come here at any time of day or night and search for information, get lost in threads, ask questions and pick your brains. It was so fun to follow the girls and see how they were doing, and their parents/coaches.

I have not been on often during the college years as my role changed so much, I stepped way back and gave very little input during these years. It became more about emotional support from mom to deal with the stresses of college and just survive college softball - and less about how to get the right spin or posture or grip.

Thanks to you all who gave us help through the years. And I hope for all of you newer pitcher parents and coaches that you dig deep here and glean as much as you can!!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Right there with you! The softball "journey" seems to not end. No longer concerned with DD's stats and team performance, although we took a road trip up to Dallas last weekend to watch UTD vs TLU. DD's former TB pitcher is taking a 5th year victory lap. Of course she just earned her 14th pitcher of the week award!

DD was asked to help a new 10U TB team with their catchers tonight. I felt the need to help her come up with a basic Catcher practice plan for Day 1. Keep it simple for 9 year olds. I have an overwhelming urge to go with her and take over the team. LOL. Just kidding!

I was watching SHSU vs Texas A&M last night and another of DD's former TB pitchers pitched last night. She took 3 gap years after HS and decided to start playing again. Crazy. She graduated HS in 2018. I was thinking about the age gaps between the freshman and this pitcher. The freshman were in 7th grade when she was a Senior. Think about that.

What is coming to an end is the names of the kids that I recognize from TB days. Only a handful left.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I'm also in the same boat with my twins having been in that HS Class of 2020. We also got started on here about the same time as you and for all the same reasons with one DD pitching and the other catching. Seniors in College now and still going strong but the end is coming up fast (although it's very possible at least one of them will use that Covid eligibility to play next year in Grad School.

Learned a lot and made some good friends on here. It's been a fun ride. And to Orange Socks point about the names of kids in TB...the only names I recognize anymore are the younger siblings of kids my DD's played with or against!

Aug 21, 2008
There's all kinds of post college playing opportunities if someone wants. Almost every country in Europe welcomes international players. While some countries are more advanced in softball than others, opportunities are abound. Keeping in mind, the European season is the same summer season as USA. For the winter, if she wants to play year round, clubs in New Zealand and Australia take in foreign players all the time too. Players, male and female, can literally play all year round if they wanted. It doesn't have to end, that's all.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
B,
It’s been a pleasure to share the ride with you! Your contributions and questions have been greatly appreciated! Looking forward to seeing her play and catching up when she’s in town. This post in particular is one of my all time favorites:

Aug 21, 2008
B,
It’s been a pleasure to share the ride with you! Your contributions and questions have been greatly appreciated! Looking forward to seeing her play and catching up when she’s in town. This post in particular is one of my all time favorites:

I cannot believe "www.houseofpitching.com" is not in your list of favorites. Wow, I mean WOW. lol. I'm kidding. My site has been down for a while, I hope to have it up in late spring or early summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles