Thank You Post

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I would first like to thank my DD for all the hard work she has put in, especially with such a demanding father. She has been catching for around 1 full season now and loves it, but the best part is that it's natural to her. 2nd I would like to thank my wife and son for putting up with me as i'm a full on addict. 3rd I would like to thank all the people in this forum (cheesy I know), but there has been so many videos, posts and arguments to guide us new people that truly i'm grateful. 4th I want to thank the NECC and their DVD, while I haven't been able to take my DD to camp yet the framing the DVD teaches proved invaluable tonight in her first MS game. Easily 10 extra strikes because of the instruction. Finally I want to thank my DD's catching coach, she has been able to explain the in game situations that I probably would have screwed up.

Brag time:

Stat line. 2-3, 2 1B, 1RBI, 1R and threw out a runner trying to steal 3rd.

First MS game ever, started at catcher and batted leadoff. Expected the Catcher had no idea about leadoff. Very proud of all her work and makes my loss of sleep and MONEY well worth it.

Thanks again all!!!!!!!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I would first like to thank my DD for all the hard work she has put in, especially with such a demanding father. She has been catching for around 1 full season now and loves it, but the best part is that it's natural to her. 2nd I would like to thank my wife and son for putting up with me as i'm a full on addict. 3rd I would like to thank all the people in this forum (cheesy I know), but there has been so many videos, posts and arguments to guide us new people that truly i'm grateful. 4th I want to thank the NECC and their DVD, while I haven't been able to take my DD to camp yet the framing the DVD teaches proved invaluable tonight in her first MS game. Easily 10 extra strikes because of the instruction. Finally I want to thank my DD's catching coach, she has been able to explain the in game situations that I probably would have screwed up.

Brag time:

Stat line. 2-3, 2 1B, 1RBI, 1R and threw out a runner trying to steal 3rd.

First MS game ever, started at catcher and batted leadoff. Expected the Catcher had no idea about leadoff. Very proud of all her work and makes my loss of sleep and MONEY well worth it.

Thanks again all!!!!!!!

Congrats to you and your DD!!! Just remember that the catching position requires as much, if not more so practice than a pitcher does to maintain and excel her skills.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Congrats to you and your DD!!! Just remember that the catching position requires as much, if not more so practice than a pitcher does to maintain and excel her skills.

We are constantly working on things. Blocking, Sticking Pitches and throwing are staples of every team practice. Footwork and explosion is what she lacks a bit, but at almost 13 i have some time i hope to build her up. It was just exciting to finally see her in a game after the long winter of training.

mike s

Pitcher's Dad
Jul 18, 2011
Northern IL
I might suggest you look at the Drive Mechanics sticky in the pitching forum. There are exercises in the post that may help her with explosiveness. Also some very good discussions on inner core stability and outer core strength. Although much of the post is very specific to pitchers there is some good stuff in there for non-pitchers as well. BTW as a pitcher's dad thank you and your daughter for how good they make their pitcher look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207