Thank you message on behalf of player after tryout?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
So after a job interview we all know its always best practice to send a thank you email to the interviewer(s) thanking them for their time and to once again show your enthusiasm toward the position. What is common practice after a tryout?

My daughter had a tryout today that she seems beyond excited and hopeful she makes it (as in Ive never seen her this excited about softball). Other tryouts she enjoyed but was sort of “ho hum” on if she thought she would enjoy playing with the team. Is it normal (and maybe even helpful) to send the coaches a short message thanking them for the opportunity to tryout for their team and mention how excited and hopeful she is to join this team?

May 4, 2020
So after a job interview we all know its always best practice to send a thank you email to the interviewer(s) thanking them for their time and to once again show your enthusiasm toward the position. What is common practice after a tryout?

My daughter had a tryout today that she seems beyond excited and hopeful she makes it (as in Ive never seen her this excited about softball). Other tryouts she enjoyed but was sort of “ho hum” on if she thought she would enjoy playing with the team. Is it normal (and maybe even helpful) to send the coaches a short message thanking them for the opportunity to tryout for their team and mention how excited and hopeful she is to join this team?
Absolutely. Common courtesy.

Jun 20, 2015
She should text or email the coach. Depending on age, you should check for grammer, spelling, crazy kid text lingo, etc.

Also, it should be courteous, polite, thankful and maybe ask for a few pointers on stuff to work on. DO NOT confront the coach with "when can I expect an offer" type comments.

Best of luck on team search.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30