Tennessee Holiday Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Oh, sorry to hear that - prayers, thoughts and good wishes!! BTW my friend's son tore his ACL playing football his junior year - surgery and a year of physical therapy and he's now good to go for college football next fall. I'm so impressed with how far the surgery has come in the past 10 years or so.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I ordered it on Amazon today. Looking forward to getting it.

BTW DD2's injury at the UT camp was more serious than we thought. She tore the ACL in her left knee and will miss her junior year of HS ball and we will have to put TB on hold as well.
We would appreciate prayers ! Thanks.

BnB - Prayers sent. So sorry for your DD. If she follow Dr's orders and the PT plan it will be a temporary setback. My DD did her ACL at start of Jr. year and was cleared to play 6 months to the day following her ACL surgery and back to regular playing/catching form at 9 months (and then opted to break her arm on a screwball). FYI - For managing expectations, you should review pros and cons w/ her ortho about using a brace afterwards - DD's didn't recommend it, but some do.

BnB - Prayers sent. So sorry for your DD. If she follow Dr's orders and the PT plan it will be a temporary setback. My DD did her ACL at start of Jr. year and was cleared to play 6 months to the day following her ACL surgery and back to regular playing/catching form at 9 months (and then opted to break her arm on a screwball). FYI - For managing expectations, you should review pros and cons w/ her ortho about using a brace afterwards - DD's didn't recommend it, but some do.
She is planing on going without the brace. She is ten days out from surgery and doing PT three times per week. She also had a minor blow up with her HS coaches because they took her off the text message list about batting practice. She cannot even help right now but she wants to be there. Back on the list now!
I have had both of ACLs replaced in the last ten years (tore one in HS back in '82 and the second coaching (don't ask) so I can help her a little there. It is remarkable how well this surgery works now. Thanks for the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877