Team USA vs Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
lorenz alo hemphill at 3-4-5 just off the top of my head.

Sis Bates and a short list of players at the WCWS.

Not saying y'all are wrong, but have we seen them against pro or international competition to really know how they'd do?

Lauren Chamberlain was a pretty good college hitter. I think her career average in the pro league was .225. Some of the better hitters in the league are those who've stuck with it and gotten better than the were in college.

Dec 11, 2010
I think when you see hitters looking so hesitant and ineffective the first place I look is the coaching.

This team did not look like it was enjoying itself.

It reminded me of watching his college team.

Jun 8, 2016
Sis Bates and a short list of players at the WCWS.

I watched all their games and they sucked at the plate.
How well do you think Henry Davis would hit against Jacob deGrom right now..

You cannot just look at the radar gun and assume the quality of pitching is anywhere near the same level…

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I do think we needed some big hitting. I wonder if Crystl Bustos would have been selected by this crew.

Feb 1, 2021
Seemed pretty clear the pitching was just too dominant. What Japan did better than the US was adjusting to just putting the ball in play.

Seemed everyone was compromising their swings to some degree. I have no doubt softball at that level with pitching as dominant as it is, its not much fun.

Dec 11, 2010
Well, if Team USA had shown signs of hitting dominance against Team Alliance and other practice teams I would believe that it was the excellent Olympic pitching. Didn’t look like they could hit college pitching either though.

I will say this- Olympic softball moves at the speed of light defensively. Emulate that.

Feb 15, 2017
I think when you see hitters looking so hesitant and ineffective the first place I look is the coaching.

This team did not look like it was enjoying itself.

It reminded me of watching his college team.

Westwind,

It is exactly like his college team. I've seen enough of it up close.The difference is when the Japanese pitchers got first pitch strikes they're not going to make a mistake and groove one. No aggressiveness whatsoever besides the leadoff hitter. And then he sits Garcia and Nickles against the Pac 12 pitcher who they've seen all year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
I’m sure not a fan.

We will never have a pitching duo like this again.

I hate missed opportunities. Hate with all caps. Bold the font.

Jun 8, 2016
I wonder if he knew it was going to be on turf he would have carried a slapper. Does Reed slap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi