Team USA vs Japan

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2020
For those who didn’t hear team USA lost to japan in the gold medal game 2-0. For the second Olympics in a row team USA has gotten silver. It looked promising at first after team USA beat japan 2-1 in round robin play but japan managed to pull through in the gold medal game. I had a strong feeling that japan would win this Olympics. Throughout the round robin play we saw japan score way more runs than the USA team. Team USA had a very good defensive team and they had some of the best pitchers in the world but their offense has always been lacking. During the round robin play it felt like team USA really relied on Haylie McCleney to get on base and use her speed to score. Hopefully softball comes back in the 2028 Olympics so we can see who takes home the gold that year.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
lorenz alo hemphill at 3-4-5 just off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The hitters looked over matched the entire tournament. I was seeing nervousness and not confidence.

edit: lots of emergency hacks, defensive swings.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
It is not surprising the US lost. The Japanese team has only professional softball players. The US team has one or two pros, and the rest are amateurs.

The majority of the current roster are pro’s. Only Garcia and Nickels are recent collage grads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802