Team split, what to do

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2011
The real question is which coach got the pitcher?? If yours did, then stand fast. If yours didn't, then you've got no team.

Truth.

Our pitcher stayed with us. She didn't have much choice in the matter, she lives with me.

The group that broke off from our team fell apart right after they had try outs. It was pretty funny when it happened, my phone started blowing up one morning, they all wanted to know if there was any way I could kick one of my new players off to make room for them. I offered them all spots after they came to our try outs, they shot me down. I reminded them of that and told them they were welcome to come train with us until something else came up for them but that I didn't have a spot on the team for them.

We are a better team now. The guy who lead that whole thing was an assistant. His daughter is a good player, but he treated her bad and that trickled down. Everyone on the team felt it.

A funny thing happened. A real good pitcher came to try outs and accepted a spot on my new team. My daughter, who is very solid, is my #2 now. It was looking like she may be #3 for a spell and she may be once the current #3 gets some more game experience. She's still shook up by the thought of playing on a "travel team." Like there's any difference. Kids....

Good things tend to happen to people who do the right thing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom