Team Sleepover Activities

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
Oregon
We are hosting our 12U team's annual sleepover. We already have plans to go to the pool (payoff for last season's 1st place trophey). We'll do some work around team goals. I'm thinking of softball trivia pursuit with the questions all going into game situations/coverage, etc. What else do folks recommend?

Julie

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I would recommend you let them bond on their own terms, not softball terms. Swim, watch a movie, eat popcorn, giggle, bond, water baloon fight, get to know each other. There is plenty of time for softball during the season - on the dirt. Let them be kids.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
I would do a movie like Bad News Bears, then, late night pizza.

Not trying to be too much of a prude, but have you watched that movie lately? I saw it not too long ago and I was surprised how non-PC it is (back in the day, I didn't really pick up on it that I remember). That doesn't bother me all that much, but I can see it bothering some others.

Oct 19, 2009
Had my 11u girls over last winter and my daughter had this idea to go outside and play football in the snow. I have always played football with my girls and taught them receiver routes, etc. so they were anxious to actually play in a game against someone other than themselves. We had about 6" on the ground and they wanted me to be all time QB while they played full contact tackle - NO CRYING. I was surprised and amused and their aggressiveness and some of the hits that were taking place. The girls had a blast and still talk about it.

Mar 13, 2010
A League of Their Own is the BEST movie. Love it. Same with Mighty Ducks (you're meaning the original Amy? For some reason it was called Champions in Australia) Started my life long crush on Joshua Jackson (until I realised two months ago he looks like my brother *cries*)

I wish there was a softball movie. We need to see our sport on the big screen!