Team Manager video question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Just recently I was looking at our team in TM. And when I clicked on one of the players, there was a section for video clips. It said it would store clips from games here? In the fall, we did video our games but there's nothing showing up. Is this a new feature and newly streamed games will get clips? Is there something manual we need to do?
Thanks!

Jul 14, 2018
I’m looking forward to seeing the automatic clips in action, but I’m a little skeptical about it. When I go back and look at saved video from the fall, the batter on the scoreboard is frequently different from what’s on the video. We had one game where it was a half-inning off.

I’m sure it has everything to do with the latency between streaming simple data vs video, but if the scoreboard is off I imagine the clips will be as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2019
I just noticed this too.

It's pretty cool.

My kid had about 5 clips in there from 3 games.

2 of them the timing was off and it caught the stuff in-between batters.

3 of them were really nice highlights.

This is awesome for me (A guy that keeps telling himself he is going to take some videos but I never do)

I can click on it and save it to the videos on my phone where I can critique my kid for every small mistake:)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Yea I'm scorekeeper so I'm hoping I don't mess anything up. What is the time frame of the clip - sometimes it may take a second to finish scoring a play if something wacky happens.

Also I usually am not scoring when DD bats since I'm recording on my phone so the scoring for her happens well after it actually happens ;) Guess I need to do a better job there.

CoachNickel

D3 Pitching Coach. Private Coach. Softball Fanatic
Dec 20, 2021
Greater Seattle Area
I’m looking forward to seeing the automatic clips in action, but I’m a little skeptical about it. When I go back and look at saved video from the fall, the batter on the scoreboard is frequently different from what’s on the video. We had one game where it was a half-inning off.

I’m sure it has everything to do with the latency between streaming simple data vs video, but if the scoreboard is off I imagine the clips will be as well.

From what I've seen, you're spot on. Good connectivity leads to the best clipping. We are actively working to refine this. Pacific Lutheran (where I coach) streamed games 2,3, & 4 over the weekend against Whitworth if you want to see how the clips came out. On New GC, we should come up as Pacific Lutheran University.

CoachNickel

D3 Pitching Coach. Private Coach. Softball Fanatic
Dec 20, 2021
Greater Seattle Area
Yea I'm scorekeeper so I'm hoping I don't mess anything up. What is the time frame of the clip - sometimes it may take a second to finish scoring a play if something wacky happens.

Also I usually am not scoring when DD bats since I'm recording on my phone so the scoring for her happens well after it actually happens ;) Guess I need to do a better job there.
Once you complete the play (Double to left center), there is about 20 seconds of buffer on either side so even if you need a little bit to get your bearings, it should still capture it! I use the screen record function regularly since I want to highlight our pitchers until we have defensive clips out.

Jul 14, 2018

I’ve been scoring on GC for six years, so I have my habits. One of them is to wait until the play is over before inputting anything into GC. That will almost definitely screw things up. I’m going to try to hit ‘Ball in Play’ immediately from now on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00