TCB Ball Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
Just wanted to share our experience with TCB's if anyone is thinking of ordering some.

I bought 6 TCBs back in November for my 10yr old, we have hit twice a week since the end of November. 10 Sessions basically. After a few emails with Mr. Howard Carrier, we got into a routine with the balls and the results have been eye opening.

After a T session with about 20-25 swings with real balls, we go to soft toss with the TCBs. We alternate TCBs and real balls after each swing, until we reach 18 swings on TCBs and then she finishes the bucket of real balls. Then we move on to hitting pitching for around 50+ swings. Each session ends up being around 125 swings, twice a week.

In these 10 sessions I have seen an increase in power and now she is doing more than just trying to hit a ball, she is trying to hurt the ball. I don't have scientific data to back up the increase in bat power, but it is very noticable since we started using the TCBs in our hitting workouts. I would guess she has added 25' to her well hit balls.

During softoss she sometimes cannot see which type ball I have in my hand, and by this she cant decide to slack off for a few swings, if she does it might be a TCB.

If someone here is thinking about purchasing some TCB's, they seem to have definately helped my daughter.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
You are correct, sir! You can get more results from tossing these balls to the girls, than you will ever get from paying someone to teach her to hit off of a pitching machine.

Nov 14, 2011
We will be incorporating them into our upcoming practices. Where is the best place to purchase them?

Mar 12, 2012
Hello, I just received a dozen of the hole balls. Not exactly what I was expecting for 58 bucks, lol.. I wish they would have had a combo pkg. I think a dozen of these may be a bit to much, perhaps 4x4x4 of these with regular TCB-Y-425-82 and perhaps the mini's
Here is a Photo if anyone is interested in what they look like in real hands, I thought they were a more stiff rubberized plastic but as you can see, they are squishy rubber.
If anyone want's to trade for some of the regular balls, just PM me.

DSC08347.jpgDSC08348.jpg

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We will be incorporating them into our upcoming practices. Where is the best place to purchase them?

After looking at several sites, I found hittingworld.com to have the best price. 3-$29.95 6-$54.95 and 12-$99.,95 plus shipping of course. I just ordered a dozen myself from them :)