Taking advantage of the mild temps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I am by no means a hitting coach so take this as a for what it's worth kind of thing... The one glaring thing I noticed was that the top of the bat was almost behind her head at load. This makes for a longer swing increasing the time it takes for the bat to reach the ball. My DD has the same problem and I'm tryng to get the bat more in line with the hands as she "throws" her hands at the pitcher.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here's a GIF ....

izx91j.gif

The prior poster is correct ... this is technically 'bat drag'.

There are actually a host of issues with this swing. If possible, seeing a hitting instructor might help this girl overcome many of the issues.

The swing looks typical of someone that has been instructed to not drop/lower their shoulders. Unfortunately the 'level shoulder' approach demonstrated here won't work well against decent pitching.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just your average dad with a DD that has some/same of your DD issues.Check out "dd swing what needs improving'' in the hitting tech forum post #31.Short video of a girl squishing the bug/spinning.Also check out some of my post of my DD see her issues and all of the suggestions to help correct them.Hope this helps.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The bat behind the head is something I have had to address every spring along with other perennial bad habits . Partially my fault for not dragging her to the cages over the winter and not enforcing a set warm up routine. Bad Dad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA