't recThe Wagons/Carts--Which One?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
Last Year I had a Had Truck not one of those little woosee, one that could haul anything that it slid under and you could lift back, I sat the cooler on first "T" the bag across the cooler and coaches tote, bungee corded that stuff with two 4' yellow cords and off I went. like some of you say coaching a small club or fall ball team very few have the equipment sometimes the fees are sponsored (I know). I did have a Wonderful team mom that worked on getting helmet's for anyone that didn't have one form my bag or storage Wow did that help nothing is as hard to pack than helmet's. we kept four bats. I lighten the load. still like filling that 5-gallon cooler with water some kids will or can't afford the 2-3 bucks on gator aide so Water is The Drink of Choice, Ice machine @ office and cups @ dollar store.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
I picked up a simple cart at KMart - Sturdy Steel Frame Folding Wagon: A Great Gift Idea at Kmart

It works for most of my stuff, but likely have to carry one thing in my arms.

This is the one we have. The front wheels swivel, they are not tied together with the handle like a true wagon would be. Not really a big deal except that the handle pivots side to side where it is connected to the wagon. So now you have the front of the wagon swerving left and right as you pull it, extremely aggravating. It would be much better if the handle was fixed. I ended up tying the handle in the upright position.

We've had various wagons. The MAC folding wagon was OK, funky steering. Folds up nicely. lasted almost a year. Then I found this baby
Amazon.com : Folding Utility Cart - 49in.L x 25 1/2in.W, 330-Lb. Capacity, Model# CT-FU330 : Folding Wagons : Patio, Lawn & Garden

A little heavy, but folds up well, and is sturdy. Haul a Honda 2000 generator, cooler, 2 chairs and loaded MAXBALL catchers bag. No problem.
Me. too. No complaints, as it holds a lot of weight without feeling overworked.

My wife made me get one after a dozen years of coaching without ever owning one. She said she was sick of seeing all the other teams have one and that I looked ghetto having all the girls volunteering (on their own!) to carry all the stuff by hand. :rolleyes:

I thought it was cool that all the girls wanted to carry the stuff and wore it as a badge of honor to volunteer and be selected.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
You're not serious until you show up in a 40 foot motor home pulling a 28 foot enclosed trailer with your team name on the side. Can you say overkill???

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
i've seen a coach haul everything in a rolling garbage can. The more I wrestle with DW's folding wagon with the goofy short handle, the more i think that coach had it right.

Apr 1, 2010
I have one of the foldable type from Sam's/Costco. It holds a small cooler, a couple of chairs, a large umbrella, some blankets and coats and a backpack. I've been tempted to see if I can fit a small pop-up in there too...

It works great for me as a softball parent, but if I was coaching, I'd want something more robust.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I have a pickup truck so I take my Wheel Barrow...is an 8 cf double wheeled model. Hold everything...bags, chairs, coolers, canopy, kids, etc. I get some interesting looks, but most say..."now that's smart".

Jun 21, 2010
There is a dad who also has a truck and he uses one of the those green metal garden carts. He gets tons of stuff in there. But I don't have a truck just yet. The Sams/Costco looks to be what the DW would like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01