't recThe Wagons/Carts--Which One?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
I'm about to break down and purchase a wagon or cart. Which one do you use and are there any you used that you don't recommend.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what I'm hoping to do is rule out the wobbly ones, or the ones that have failed. One season is enough, but another would be great!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The $40.00 one from Costo, only lasted about a month. This was a couple of years ago. Look at the front axel of it and if the welds are weak and the front bar is hollow, pass on it. I would rather steal a shopping cart, than purchase it again. I suppose you could search for it on Amazon and see if their are any comments.

I have just went to using large equipment bags, with wheels, because the bags zip up and my stuff is hidden from view.

Jun 21, 2010
The $40.00 one from Costo, only lasted about a month. This was a couple of years ago. Look at the front axel of it and if the welds are weak and the front bar is hollow, pass on it. I would rather steal a shopping cart, than purchase it again. I suppose you could search for it on Amazon and see if their are any comments.

I have just went to using large equipment bags, with wheels, because the bags zip up and my stuff is hidden from view.

I was thinking the same thing. We have the giant Boombah catcher bag that isn't used anymore. But, what I'm thinking of bringing with me is a cooler and pop-up shade, at least. This past weekend I should have brought at least one of my shades because of the rain, but then I have my camera ( Nikon D700 with grip and 200/f2 AFS lens+1.4x TC ), cooler, DW's chair and other small bag of stuff.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
We are just taking too much stuff. It is like, the family with the most stuff wins. Going to school ball is still pretty simple, just a chair and my water. As a coach, what is the least amount of stuff, you could take for a Sat. at the ball park? How about 6 softballs and 6 TCB's? I have to take a large thermos of water, too.

Jun 24, 2013
That is kind of funny. For league play you will see the coaches lugging a ton of equipment around, for school ball the coaches just walk to the field, they expect the players to lug all the stuff to the field.

It would be interesting how much stuff a coach really needs, most the players have their own equipment now but they still lug 2 sets of catchers gear, 6 helmets, 5 bats, etc. around that no one uses.

Jun 21, 2010
I'm not a coach so I'm only bringing what we need as a family. Other families bring in their own stuff. Coaches bring in what they think they need.

We've been to most softball complexes around here many times so we know when to bring shade and when to pack as light as possible. I guess this last weekend made me re-think a cart or wagon. Coach and I brought tarps and bungees so the dugout was covered. DW brought umbrellas so she and my son were fine. This was a new complex for us on the west side of the Cascades--Seattle area. Wagons everywhere! Everyone had pop-up canopies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA