"Syd the Kid"...justa swinging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Not sure if it is chronologically correct...

OH...rdb, I think PC is looking for the overhead of Bautista.

Bautista_overhead.gif
redhotcoach;155400]Here's the one I zoomed and chopped.
bautistaresist_zps70ed304d.gif

Still not sure which one...

<iframe width="660" height="240" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-42RBF6TVMQ?&autoplay=1&rel=0&theme=light&loop=1&showinfo=0&modestbranding=1&hd=1&color=transparent&playlist=-42RBF6TVMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Liked seeing it in a 10u... started conspiring to make that tee thing work "in the House"

Regular Speed:
JB_swingaway.gif

Not much time but see if this helps..

JB_swingaway_pause.gif

For the sake of a "noontime drill" try...Get to where her upper is at the first pause and hold that position (keep the elbow up and resistance pulling back). Activate the lower (specifically the rear leg) such that it is working inward like at the second pause. Note that what is thought of as the hip bone is part of the upper and should still be resisting back with the rest of the upper while the leg (upper thigh) applies inward pressure (call it adduction, call it IR, call it pocket to junk, call it pinch, whatever).

Being in that stalemate position of the rear leg driving inward "under the hip socket" and the upper pulling back / resisting "above the hip socket", should create the "battle in the rear hip socket".

Launch from there without giving up the drive of the rear leg or the pullback / resistance of the upper. How that stalemate gets broken in order to launch is a bit difficult to describe and there are probably multiple ways. It's not so much a lessening of the resistance up top that allows the lower rear leg drive to win, but it's more of a redirection of the upper resistance from "up and back" to "down and back".

Good Luck!
--NoonTime

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Went and found a "pre TnR " motion that impacted me at the WWC 2012...

Pre-Trip.... Tip & Rip ????

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:450px; height:366px;" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/soqUDjc-cYo?color2=FBE9EC&rel=0&loop=1&hd=1&autoplay=1&showsearch=0&version=3&modestbranding=1">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/soqUDjc-cYo?color2=FBE9EC&rel=0&loop=1&hd=1&autoplay=1&showsearch=0&version=3&modestbranding=1" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
</object><div style="font-size: 0.8em"><a href="http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/"></a></div>

See the linkage to BBonds too :{))

Bonds did that tip too. IMO they are getting the feeling of initiating the swing with their forearms and hands at go.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Practice cancelled...nice outside... got to make up my mind, we are going to film a big league swing... TODAY
Getting lots of great .gifts to think on...

You may like this....

Cabrera_ST2013_side.gif
Cabrera_ST2013_front.gif

Cabrera_ST2013_combo.gif

You can thank the new Photobucket for resizing these smaller.... go to the library image directly and download the image using the "Options->Download" button from there and you should get the full size.

side view: Cabrera_ST2013_side.gif Photo by baseballgifs | Photobucket

front view: Cabrera_ST2013_front.gif Photo by baseballgifs | Photobucket

combo view: Cabrera_ST2013_combo.gif Photo by baseballgifs | Photobucket

Cheers,
NoonTime

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Lets go Sis...too nice outside... we are going to do a hybrid cross of JB, BB, & MC... she had been staying up on most of the .gifts :{)) The JB would be too much trouble for her because she would be drawing AC's like flies...not worth the fuss...I just stayed on his TnR & foot roll... BB for the pre-motion, and MC for the compact footwork....

I had my best understanding because of the overview of JB. I went right for the footwork first... I could not believe how she did the foot roll first time...I could not stop watching the foot roll, to the point that she finally quit asking if the other stuff was all right. She just did what she had been studying on the .gifts...no direction from me. I was thinking about a foot only clip... When I got focused & watched her whole process, I went right to the we are going to get this in one shot... no editing , or even the video trickery, I thought I might have to resort to. Got it in one unedited clip.... I swear on my life we were no more than 15 min. She knew we were going to post it on here... I even forgot that the shirt says "Here's the reason you all have to practice so much" She was ready for showtime !!! We were going to do a fade out with her walking up to the camera so it could be read... DDM buys stuff like that.

We posted... and waited... then I got the stuff from NoonTime... She came running in and asked if anyone had said anything yet???
I said yea...we got a C....Cano. Who is that she asked, I said Heck I don't know, but He is our model swing now and we got a BBCC....swing.

We got great encouragement from RHC & RDHansen...!!!!! off the bat :{))) (as always shucks)

RD starts right up with the what we do next.....

Rhythm Drill:
BarrelPathDrill.gif

Bullethead has added a R via RDHanson... she said who is he, I said don't worry RD wouldn't have went and found it if it wasn't really good stuff... Thx again Bullethead !!!!

Noontime gifs:
MannyBP.gif

Mannytophand.gif

Then Noontime back with another B.... Today. They showed it to me earlier, but I just couldn't see it till now... I can see the circle now.... Think I got all the clips, and threads compiled and is up to date. Sorry for bull rushing the other threads... its Spring fever... got to get our SPRING SWING together.

BBBCCR

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
RD... need to see your other signature....(doubt everything) Not ready to concede my distaste for Tee work...
perfect-circle-albums-hitting-picture3406-t.jpg

I'm going to reinvent the wheel.... Couldn't find anything on the string tee thing?
Found that my V trench footer took me to a V on this post, that I had overlooked...

"today's Aaaaahaaa" in contact with mechanist already this morning...told him no patent, it will be a contribution....just need to clarify that no one on DFP has seen anything like it....

Concept... Cry-tear-aaahaaa

~Not going to pick up a bucket of balls.
~The T is backwards
~gotta B able to do it in the house
~get 10,000 reps... comfortably in 7 days... no allnighters
~no net needed

I'm working on the draft drawing.... I will tell you that it is in the first picture. I took your approach to trying to sort thru the inundation of information, using humor. I started with the pic to convey what it looks like...trying to lift with your ears...Then I saw *it

I'm goin to the opposite extreme. Since I have benefited from your "software" I hope you will benefit from my "hardware" soon.

Hoping to have drawing by tomorrow to post, so I can get laughed off the board, and substantiate its originality... V you later~PC

EP: For those who might find this out of the box... just think how someone might try to pick lottery #'s :{))

Last edited by a moderator:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The use of the ugly stick (fishing rod) would be probably the only way my fishing rods will get used. I miss fishing.