"Syd the Kid"...justa swinging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Hit the HD 720 on the player control bar... I love the swag...as she tucks the bat under her arm to pick up ball....

<iframe width="700" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/drdyGCSqmLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
PC_TnR.gif

Aug 28, 2012
This is not quote a Tip N Rip... it's more of a preswing timing thing like Cano's where he does the "tip" but it comes back and then he does his neck slot "load"
Cano_pat_seq.gif

Notice how Vlad's barrel doesn't redirect back behind the neck slot

Vlad_rear.gif
VladHRDerby.gif

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

THANKZ... Noontime......She is going to love this.... her own .gift.... thats what I teach her to call a .gif ....DDM is going to love how you got rid of the trash can in the your shot

What next ??? Im thinking about trying to get her from the exact same overview of of the JB shot you got for me.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wish DD had that much aggression in her swing.

You probably know this already but there is less wind when you hit in the dining room.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If she likes the barrel a bit flatter and behind her head, she could do a drill copying the gif of Braun from the kids tv show, or copying the gif of Chipper Jones from catcher view (I believe he is hitting off a tee). They both point the bat forward in the gifs, but are behind their head. I do like doing 10 or so mostly hand/forearm emphasis swings (like our "Vladi" drill) with a lot of tip and rip, BUT I am always nervous of doing too much without active rear leg etc. (sorry, can't post the gifs from my iphone)

You could call the drill, "Brauny the quicker ripper upper" or maybe "the Chip and Rip"

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I wish DD had that much aggression in her swing.

You probably know this already but there is less wind when you hit in the dining room.

Yes sir, you are right, except with me talking it evens out.... I did see the ball on a string in the "Tip & Rip" thread... and in other one yesterday... The dinning room floor is laminate over concrete.... I'm going to get me one of them "In the House" somehow....

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If she likes the barrel a bit flatter and behind her head, she could do a drill copying the gif of Braun from the kids tv show, or copying the gif of Chipper Jones from catcher view (I believe he is hitting off a tee). They both point the bat forward in the gifs, but are behind their head. I do like doing 10 or so mostly hand/forearm emphasis swings (like our "Vladi" drill) with a lot of tip and rip, BUT I am always nervous of doing too much without active rear leg etc. (sorry, can't post the gifs from my iphone)

You could call the drill, "Brauny the quicker ripper upper" or maybe "the Chip and Rip"

I'm seein it... Thx RHC