Swing Progress...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The game video of her home run is helpful. Great swing! Interesting that she "loads" during her practice swing. Even though she is a power hitter, she us sacrificing power and consistency with the no-load mechanics. Have someone measure her bat speed with and without the load. I think you will see a big difference. More importantly, without loading, there is no way for her to adjust to inside and outside pitches consistently. She will reach for sone outside strikes and will often get jammed with inside strikes. Great hitters like Alex Hugo and Kasey Cooper load for power and the ability to drive inside and outside pitches.

P - If this isn't just a routine DFP fly by - Are you claiming that, in general, a no stride approach (like Lauren Chamberlain) creates "no-load mechanics", which sacrifices power and consistency"? Or that you're not seeing any load in the posted swings?

May 3, 2014
i7yENP.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
#10s Dad

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST!!!

The game video of her home run is helpful. Great swing! Interesting that she "loads" during her practice swing. Even though she is a power hitter, she us sacrificing power and consistency with the no-load mechanics. Have someone measure her bat speed with and without the load. I think you will see a big difference. More importantly, without loading, there is no way for her to adjust to inside and outside pitches consistently. She will reach for sone outside strikes and will often get jammed with inside strikes. Great hitters like Alex Hugo and Kasey Cooper load for power and the ability to drive inside and outside pitches.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
Sorry I have been away from phone hitting with DD. I don't know how to do gifs but thank you for the gif I know she loads may not be that noticeable but it's there and there is adjustability in her swing. I appreciate all comments. Hey we're like every other kid here just trying to get a little better everyday she has 2 more years till college so she is busting her butt to not just be on the team but play. I really enjoy this site thanks for all the knowledge shared here I'm getting better about how to filter threw it. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi