Swing help!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I believe the front/back side is a sort of symbiotic relationship. I see players rear side has different style, from Pujols foot moving far forward to Thome staying a little more planted. The absolute seems to be the front side bracing. Learning absolutes can simplify things more than focusing on style and what not to do. IMO

Didnt mean to highjack anything I thought the player might benefit from some front side back side discussion.
I'll add one more tidbit that might help this hitter. You keep focusing on the rear foot and what the foot looks like after the swing. I'd be focusing higher up on the rear side.
tumblr_oq9wwjWh871usf292o1_400.gif

And why a hitter wants to 'create the torsion spring connection between the rear leg and the scap'....that's not style but, an absolute. At least to me.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I'll add one more tidbit that might help this hitter. You keep focusing on the rear foot and what the foot looks like after the swing. I'd be focusing higher up on the rear side.
tumblr_oq9wwjWh871usf292o1_400.gif

And why a hitter wants to 'create the torsion spring connection between the rear leg and the scap'....that's not style but, an absolute. At least to me.

Absolutely! Another absolute.

There is no way to deliver that stored spring, snap, suddeness without proper frontside mechanics. Or is there?

May 3, 2014
The "front side" is really just using the back and core to pull back against the rear leg creating the torsion spring. It should not be the front leg or hip or shoulder or whatever else is thought of as the front side.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I agree with you guys the backside is in charge. A few simple posts that are very true and informative.

Backside supplies delivers and directs the power? Is that what you mean by in charge?

Oct 7, 2014
I appreciate all the feedback.
Lots of information and changes to give to my daughter
Thanks again
I'll post her changes on video for more feedback and commets

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Did someone request the 'one legged golfer'.:
tumblr_oricsyhN761usf292o1_250.gif

In charge.....

That is awesome!
Looking at Pujols and the one legged golfer front side hip, do you think his front leg (hip) gets in the way and then out of the way like Mr. Presley does?

He really coils that front side! Great clip of a man missing half of his frontside crushing the ball. No doubt he would do better with two legs but he does better than me.

Backside supplies delivers and directs the power? Is that what you mean by in charge?

Does the gif represent a player keeping his rear foot planted in your opinion?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid