Swing help!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I don't know why I can't see the image but I am glad others can.

I was not able to view your GIF at DFP. Because you made it obvious there was a GIF in your post, I dug the URL out (by first performing a "Reply With Quote") ... I then pasted the URL into my browser.

For some reason DFP no longer works with tinypic.com, which is what you used. Most of the video I supplied was through that site ... no longer viewable here at DFP.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I was not able to view your GIF at DFP. Because you made it obvious there was a GIF in your post, I dug the URL out (by first performing a "Reply With Quote") ... I then pasted the URL into my browser.

For some reason DFP no longer works with tinypic.com, which is what you used. Most of the video I supplied was through that site ... no longer viewable here at DFP.

That is ironic since I started an account there so I could post some video here. Remember, I was having trouble with my video posting for some time and thought that I had the problem solved.

Jun 8, 2016
That is ironic since I started an account there so I could post some video here. Remember, I was having trouble with my video posting for some time and thought that I had the problem solved.

I use igmur now. tinypic is viewed as "unsafe" by my browser for some reason.

May 3, 2014
This can be said of many hitters. As hitters develop they learn to create "pre-sets". Pre-sets help determine their motion. Pre-sets are often used to avoid the need of conscious thought.

OK I don't know what we are really discussing anymore. You hinted at a front side release being something to time. I take that as you advocate it. I am clearly saying the front reacts to what the rear leg and pullbacks are doing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I should not have stated that the front-side release is something to time. Rather the front-side release enhances the timing related to the "reading of the pitch".

While I am fine with folks having a mentality of the front-side reacting to the rear leg, that is not reality as I understand it. The front-side release is not only independent of the rear leg, but it proceeds, triggers, enhances and strengthens the rear leg 'firing' activity.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I never said:

I said starting a swing from the ground up(foot or elvis move as you posted) or thinking of starting your swing from the ground up makes for a slow swing.

My eyes supply the information my brain uses/needs to hit with.

Nope and nope.

Your thinking is way to low for me. You think foot and elvis move/knee.
I 'think' use this:(sorry no Miggy gif this time have to use Pujols)
tumblr_oq9wwjWh871usf292o1_400.gif

Maybe something you should 'think' about.
Here is what kind of 'guy' I am:

Looking at Pujols front side hip, do you think his front leg gets in the way and then out of the way like Mr. Presley does?

Oct 7, 2014
Wow. You guys are good and very technical. Probably too advance for me and my daughter.
If there are simplier explanations for my daughter let me know.

Thanks

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow. You guys are good and very technical. Probably too advance for me and my daughter.
If there are simplier explanations for my daughter let me know.

Thanks

If you are motivated to learn more about hitting to be able to be her guide going forward, I highly recommend you stick around, read, read, read, ask questions, read, read, read, ask more questions...and swing a bat for yourself. There are lots of dads (and some moms) who have become their DD's hitting instructors by making the effort to educate themselves. Technical hitting discussion between the hitting geeks can definitely be confusing and overwhelming for those who are new to the arena, and they tend to head off on tangents away from the original topic. Don't let it scare you off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks