Sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
dd uses the under armors. We bought them from dicks with the warranty. We take them back every year for a new pair and just buy the warranty each time for $10. They actually recommended that we do this.
Do you have the model number or a picture?

Jan 29, 2016
That's probably the first time I've thought of buying a warranty a good idea.

If you're not worried about brand name, you can sometimes find safety sunglasses at big box home improvement stores, farm supply stores, industrial supply stores that pass as not ugly for fairly cheap. Can even buy multi-packs if they're always getting abused.
I am not worried about brand name but unfortunately she is. She is 13.

Jan 29, 2016
Yep! It’s $3.99. I have two pairs of identical gloves in a constant rotation so she is never without gloves. When you buy it you text a picture of the receipt to them so it’s on file.

In December I made a claim on a pair we bought in June. They send you a free shipping label, you throw them in a Manila envelope send them in and they send you back a Dicks giftcard, in this case for $27.99. It takes a few weeks.

Another little tip- when you buy a bat (from CoreSoftball, never Dicks!) use your Visa and keep a copy of the statement. Visa doubles the manufacturer warranty on sports equipment. It’s no cost. Utilize the manufactures warranty until that expires. After you are out of your one year warranty (or Easton etc will no longer warranty it) and the bat is broken, you can submit a claim through Visa and be reimbursed for the price you paid for the bat.

MasterCard probably does the same, idk.

This is why it’s so important to keep copies of bat reciepts as well as the credit card receipt somewhere where they can be found even after a couple years.
DUDE THIS IS GREAT INFO. SOMETHING I UNDERSTAND SAVING MONEY. I LOVE YOU>

Jan 29, 2016
We purchased the Oakley Prisms for Xmas gift. We got them for $60 at factory store. No way spending $150+.
The clarity is much better then your average sunglasses. She was told in no uncertain terns you lose or damage due to your negligence it’s back to the “cheapies”
But yeah if you can find them for a great price take the plunge.
Yeah I have the Prizms and I love them and so does she but she tends to lose things. If i see a good deal on the prizms i would probably go that way but I don't see any right now online anyways.

Jan 29, 2016
So we went to Dick's and found some. She went with the cheapo Rawlings. Which I was fine with. She tried the Under Armor ones but the youth size is too small and adult was too big. We didn't even try on the Oakleys. We will see how these work out. She is the type to only wear them when it is absolutely necessary so spending the money on a good quality pair when realistically she is only going to wear them a handful of times throughout the season didn't make sense.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
So we went to Dick's and found some. She went with the cheapo Rawlings. Which I was fine with. She tried the Under Armor ones but the youth size is too small and adult was too big. We didn't even try on the Oakleys. We will see how these work out. She is the type to only wear them when it is absolutely necessary so spending the money on a good quality pair when realistically she is only going to wear them a handful of times throughout the season didn't make sense.
My twins used the "cheapo" as you call them, Rawlings for over 2 years. They held up well and had good optics. Under $20 back when I bought them.

Dec 30, 2011
I think players should were them most of the time if they want to for the right reason.. Although I have known a few coaches who would not allow sunglasses ever no matter what. I never understood that. I wish I knew their reasoning. I think some believe sunglasses distort vision some. I may even agree. But I also think that the eyes make the adjustment very quickly. I personally would never wear them because of the slight vision distortion that I think I had when wearing them both in baseball and in tennis. Not sure if that was only in my mind or really existed. But I would really like to know coaches reasoning for never allowing them as long as they are worn for the right reasons.

Aug 16, 2017
Live in AZ. Play in Az/Ca/Vegas. Lots of sunshine. My daughter is an OF and sunglasses are a must. She kept loosing or breaking them until we bought her the expensive Oakleys. Now she guards them like a hawk. There are warranties and parts are replaceable.
High quality sunglasses are a must for clear vision!

Dec 11, 2010
Live in AZ. Play in Az/Ca/Vegas. Lots of sunshine. My daughter is an OF and sunglasses are a must. She kept loosing or breaking them until we bought her the expensive Oakleys. Now she guards them like a hawk. There are warranties and parts are replaceable.
High quality sunglasses are a must for clear vision!
Added to the fact that you can buy replacement lenses for (most? All?) Oakley frames.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

I believe these are Flakjackets. I believe these are 15 plus years old. I remember that because I remember where I was working when a misinformed co-worker told me that they were knock offs because “Oakley only makes black frames.” I use them as a back up in one of my vehicles now. I hate to think how many sets of replacement lenses have been in them.

The replacement lenses aren’t cheap but they do run sales and I can buy through the “standard issue” site so they are pretty reasonable.

FD906A2B-F253-47C6-8D4A-D7BF299DA710.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06