Sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 1, 2019
Added to the fact that you can buy replacement lenses for (most? All?) Oakley frames.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

I believe these are Flakjakets. I believe these are 15 plus years old. I remember that because I remember where I was working when a misinformed co-worker told me that they were knock offs because “Oakley only makes black frames.” I use them as a back up in one of my vehicles now. I hate to think how many sets of replacement lenses have been in them.

The replacement lenses aren’t cheap but they do run sales and I can buy through the “standard issue” site so they are pretty reasonable.

View attachment 16312
Yep, probably had 6+ sets of replacement lenses in my straight jackets that I've used for work over the past 10yrs (also ordered from Standard Issue). Haven't had to for my Flakjackets with Prizm lenses yet, but I only use those as my nice glasses.

Feb 15, 2017
Halfjacket with the XL lense is what my DD just bought after going through the cheapies. She takes super good care of her equipment so I have no doubt she will be fine. She tried several models on and had problems with all of them fitting with her helmet except the HJ2.0. She really liked the Flak 2.0 but was just a no go with the standard Schutt Air helmet.

Jun 15, 2018
My DD’s use Duduma Polarized glasses from amazon. They are $20.00 a pair, polarized, and have a Lifetime warranty. The last part blew me away when I found out. DD’s are 12& 14 and play hard. They fit well under helmets and face masks without issue.

May 29, 2015
I think players should were them most of the time if they want to for the right reason.. Although I have known a few coaches who would not allow sunglasses ever no matter what.

Shame on those coaches ...

High quality sunglasses are a must for clear vision!

Not only the vision factor, but more importantly protecting your eyes from the sun. Just as you put sunscreen on, you should be wearing proper eyewear. Considering how much time many of us (and our children) spend out there, this should not be overlooked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish