Suggestions for improving extension

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2009
SB family:
I agree on the rotational/linear concept. I believe it's both. A linear move then a rotational move. I honestly don't care what any of the instructors call it. I just think O'learly breaks down the swings well and walks through point of contact and extension well. I think he gives great illustration of where the right arm should be for maximum power at POC (if you bat righty). I think if you use right pro or one of the other software packets, that O'leary gives a good illustration of what to look for when breaking down a swing.

May 12, 2008
mrslug01: Looking at O'Leary site, I get what he is saying, but disagree on how or what he calls it. Looking at the same swing in RVP, we do not call it Rotational hitting. Not do we call it Linear Hitting, but a combination of both. As Mark likes to say look at the frames . The Picture he uses showing Linear with a concrete tool, is one of the worst hitting devices on the Market. That is one area I agree with him. It is interesting on how he describes a swing and how Don Slaught describes the same swing.

Right View being one of the available definitions of linear and rotational.

Rotational/linear used to refer to what happened after heel plant. Right View/Don says the stride/momentum development could be described as linear. Here's the part Don describes as linear. http://imageevent.com/siggy/hitting...v11.tiger_s?p=10&n=1&m=20&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877