Stuck in Rec Ball Hell......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
If I was coaching against this person I would keep it positive keep the girls playing and ignore her.

If I am an umpire against her she gets one warning then her assistant gets to finnish the game without her.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What the other Team is doing is not illegal; it is up to the umpire’s tolerance level.

Your reaction to this situation is more a learning experience for your Players then teaching them to hit a softball.

In the pregame conference I would think of a question/comment to make to the other Manager that the umpire hears to put the thought in their head that the other team complains too much. Maybe the umpire will get the hint.

If you think the other Team complained too much during the game, and the umpire did not take any direct action, ask their opinion after the game. If the umpire also thought it was excessive, but not to the point of Issuing a warning, ask them to notify their supervisor.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
If this is something she does every game, I'm sure the umpires are aware of it.

If your games have a time limit, maybe what you could do is take a stop watch and see how much time she wastes arguing calls. After the game tell her how much time she wasted, and ask how many calls she got changed. May not help, but it will give you something to do during the down time... :rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2010
First time she questions a judgment call, she gets a polite but firm warning that arguing judgment calls will not be tolerated. Second time, she's on her way to the parking lot.
+1
As umps it's on us to control this type of coaching behavior.

Sep 10, 2010
season opener is tonight at 7p cst, and as of 1145a cst, i was informed game is under protest, i asked under what grounds and league president hasnt returned any of my or my parents calls....

May 18, 2009
Wow, glad I'm not in that league with my DD. Nothing like adults ruining an experience for the children.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
season opener is tonight at 7p cst, and as of 1145a cst, i was informed game is under protest, i asked under what grounds and league president hasnt returned any of my or my parents calls....

Sounds like an inelligible player issue - 12U's aren't known for being quiet about those $100 handshakes

Mar 25, 2011
out of curiousity?

How'd this turn out?
What was the game under protest for?
Is it a fairly competitive rec league?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck