Stride Foot Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2008
My 12U DD is having an issue getting her stride foot all the way down before her release, causing the ball to go high. How is this fixed?
Currently we are just telling her to drive her foot down. She does not have an overly high stride, it just seems her timing is just off a little bit sometimes. Should I encurage her to drive out farther? Thanks.

Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Greatbasin says "My 12U DD is having an issue getting her stride foot all the way down before her release, causing the ball to go high. How is this fixed?"

Others on this forum will probably correct me, but I believe the ball should be at about 3:00 (9:00?) when the stride foot touches down. that creates the resistance needed to snap the foream, using internal rotation, to achieve the optimum potential for speed. This is what I have been teaching our pitchers. I stand to be corrected though.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
More like between 1:00 and 2:00 when the stride foot touches. If it's not down before she releases that's a major issue and needs to be addressed. Video would definitely help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball